We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 days in phuket

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
10 days in phuket

Hi we are planning a trip to thailand for 10 days middle/end of october. We are flying in to phuket. We are in our late 20's and like a few nights out and then exploring the area so some quiet nights to. We are hoping to see some of the islands such as phi phi, similans. I was thinking of 4 nights in patong and then 2 nights in phi phi and maybe 1 night in krabi and spend the last 3 nights in khao lak for day trips. Is this a lot to fit in for 10 days and is khao lak very quiet this time of year? Thanks

4 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,430 posts
39 reviews
1. Re: 10 days in phuket

Hi Kate

IMO its too much moving. Maybe 2 places in 10 days 3 tops. You really dont want to move any closer than 4 days at a time. Dont forgot on the days you move you lose a day of doing things. Checkout by 12, check in after 2. Just not worth it.

Khao lak is quite but lovely, by October its starting to wake up. I liker to start my holidays here and just relax a few days. Be aware yyhe Similans close for liw season, May to October, it depends on the season a bit when they open again

Krabi is also nice, a lot more byydy than Khao lak, but nowhere as busy as phuket.

Both would be good location for a 2nd stop

Michelle

Kenmare, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,671 posts
530 reviews
2. Re: 10 days in phuket

Fully Agree

Do 2, max three venue

So one of the busier beaches in Phuket (patong if you want it full on, Karon or Kata for a little quieter, and Kata Noi or Kamala for a touch quieter again (but still busy)

Then take a ferry to Phi Phi, and a ferry back to Khao Lak (i am assuming your international flight leaves from phuket airport - so it would be a total waste to head to krabi IMHO and having to trek all the way back (you can get a ferry back to krabi from phi phi, but you would have a log trek back for your flight.

Similian islands is too far, and may not be accessible on your dates (it opens mid oct-may)

In terms of time split - 4 days phuket beach, 3 days phi phi, 3 days Khao lak

Edited: 7:30 am, June 08, 2018
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: 10 days in phuket

Thank you both for your help 😀

Kenmare, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,671 posts
530 reviews