We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 days in phuket

Dublin, Ireland
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
10 days in phuket

Hi we are planning a trip to thailand for 10 days middle/end of october. We are flying in to phuket. We are in our late 20's and like a few nights out and then exploring the area so some quiet nights to. We are hoping to see some of the islands such as phi phi, similans. I was thinking of 4 nights in patong and then 2 nights in phi phi and maybe 1 night in krabi and spend the last 3 nights in khao lak for day trips. Is this a lot to fit in for 10 days and is khao lak very quiet this time of year? Thanks

4 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,407 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 days in phuket

Hi Kate

IMO its too much moving. Maybe 2 places in 10 days 3 tops. You really dont want to move any closer than 4 days at a time. Dont forgot on the days you move you lose a day of doing things. Checkout by 12, check in after 2. Just not worth it.

Khao lak is quite but lovely, by October its starting to wake up. I liker to start my holidays here and just relax a few days. Be aware yyhe Similans close for liw season, May to October, it depends on the season a bit when they open again

Krabi is also nice, a lot more byydy than Khao lak, but nowhere as busy as phuket.

Both would be good location for a 2nd stop

Michelle

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Ireland
Level Contributor
4,575 posts
511 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 days in phuket

Fully Agree

Do 2, max three venue

So one of the busier beaches in Phuket (patong if you want it full on, Karon or Kata for a little quieter, and Kata Noi or Kamala for a touch quieter again (but still busy)

Then take a ferry to Phi Phi, and a ferry back to Khao Lak (i am assuming your international flight leaves from phuket airport - so it would be a total waste to head to krabi IMHO and having to trek all the way back (you can get a ferry back to krabi from phi phi, but you would have a log trek back for your flight.

Similian islands is too far, and may not be accessible on your dates (it opens mid oct-may)

In terms of time split - 4 days phuket beach, 3 days phi phi, 3 days Khao lak

Edited: 7:30 am, June 08, 2018
Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Karon
Karon
Phuket, Thailand
Kata Beach
Kata Beach
Phuket, Thailand