We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just arrived need beach advise!

chicago, il
Level Contributor
306 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Just arrived need beach advise!

We just arrived a couple of hours ago at our hotel on Kamala Beach and took a walk right away to check out the beach. Really regret to say this, but we are pretty disappointed. Seems like it would be a pretty beach if not for the ditch/ stream area near center of beach near our hotel, and the resulting unclean looking vicinity. Not swimming there! I'd consider going up by Novotel where it looks better to me but husband too put off to swim anywhere on Kamala. Plus that's too long a walk from our hotel ( Kamala Beach Resort) for us to be able to use our own hotels facilities, and it did not look like there were any restaurant/beach club type places by Novotel area for non guests.

Sad, as we are ocean, not pool people and chose Kamala Beach Resort for beachfront. Otherwise happy with hotel and cannot cancel now.

Advise Anyone? Is there a clean, relatively calm beach nearby, and a place on it you'd recommend where we could be comfortable - like with lounger, food, drink, shower, bathroom, etc, like at the hotel ? :(

Probably not I'm guessing but giving it a try. Thanks!

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
260 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just arrived need beach advise!

Oh no that's rubbish we stay in Kamala from next Friday.

Beverley, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just arrived need beach advise!

Could you tel me how the weather is please .?

Beverley, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just arrived need beach advise!

Could you tel me how the weather is please .?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Just arrived need beach advise!

Get a taxi to bangtao beach, it isn't too far from Kamala. In my opinion alot cleaner and generally in a quieter area.

Let me know what you think

Thanks

chicago, il
Level Contributor
306 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just arrived need beach advise!

Thanks! We will try that. Can you recommend a place on Bangtao such as a beach club or restaurant where we could rent a lounger/umbrella?

As far as weather- there were some scattered heavy showers around 4pm as we were arriving. They passed quickly. Then it was partly cloudy for the rest of the day. WARM of course. Looks cloudy now at 8am.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
469 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just arrived need beach advise!

you could try the Xana Beach club at Bang Tao beach. http://www.xanabeachclub.com/

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,146 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just arrived need beach advise!

The beach is fine< i was just down there swimming and live here in Kamala;

yea if u cant walk 200meters north from ur hotel suggest u stay at ur hotel. Its low tide now for the next few days and its been raining the last few days (yes we cant control the weather) so the sea is not as clean as it was a week ago.. Instead of complaining go out an explore

There are also TWO beach clubs towards the Novotel,one has a swimming pool and 150 baht beers. prehaps u can go there.

8. Re: Just arrived need beach advise!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 31, 2018