We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Phuket - April

London, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Weather in Phuket - April

Hi, I'll be travelling to Phuket on 7th April'17 and will be there for around 10 days, what is the current weather like and what will it be?

I've tried looking on various sites which are reporting rain and thunderstorms, hoping this is isn't the case

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,757 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Phuket - April

Not usually wet. Hot sunny and very humid. Hottest time of year. You will be there for Songkran. (Thai New Year)

Best you you tube Songkran To see what it is about

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,844 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Phuket - April

Have you read this thread? https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g29…

Might help to understand the forecasts. My advice, don't look at the forecasts!

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Phuket - April

Thanks both! Been looking at a few live webcams and it looks quite gloomy - hoping it picks up. I didn't think April would be a wet month, read it was the driest but doesn't seem to be looking that way =(

Do you know whether they still do boat/island trips in bad weather?

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,844 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Phuket - April

A good operator will not go out in bad weather. It is unlikely that this will be the case in April where seas are usually calm.

Really, you will be extremely unlucky to get more than the odd day of bad weather in April. Looking at the webcams can be misleading because it may look gloomy but it will still be very hot and the cloud/sun may be intermittent. At this time of year, cloud and some rain is welcomed - constant sun at those high temps is unbearable.

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in Phuket - April

Thanks for the reply. Have you visited Phuket yourself, would you recommend any operators? Looking to do a number of things whilst out there and was told to book everything with one operator as you can get cheaper prices.

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,844 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in Phuket - April

Yes I have been to Phuket. Personally I go with the premium operators that do not discount prices. I have had a couple of bad experiences with off the street tour vendors so am happy to pay the price for a guaranteed quality tour. Look at Phuket Sail Tours, Simba, Offspray, John Gray for some examples of tours that will give you an amazing experience without being crammed in with heaps of others and who will not go out in bad weather.

There are others that hopefully other TA members will suggest.

Australia
Level Contributor
87 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in Phuket - April

Hannah, no real way to gauge what the weather will be. I've been a few times in April/ May and each trip is completely different.

Last year in 13 days we only got 5 minutes of rain, but it was at the end of one of the worst droughts in Thai history. It was 35* and sunny quite literally every day, even the Thais were sick of it.

Mixed weather is a blessing, trust me!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
146 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in Phuket - April

We go every year in april for the past 7 years and its always hot and dry...you might get a bit of rain for 5 mins at the end of the day but not very often.. you will be fine!

Istanbul, Turkey
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in Phuket - April

Hi Hannah,

I'm planning to visit Phuket next week around April 23rd and came across your post regarding the weather.Assuming you are there right now,I wanted to ask you about the weather.I hope you're having a good time.

Best regards

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,153 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather in Phuket - April

past 3 days rain every night, rain mid morning,

afternoons.... Beautiful!!! Not hot at all