We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wearing sexy bikini in beach area ?

PJ
2 posts
Save Topic
Wearing sexy bikini in beach area ?

Wearing sexy bikini such like T-back or thong at beach area ?

Which beach can I wear such bikini as above ? ( Kata or Karon )

I'm going phuket in september 2007 - low peak. Which hotel , I need to stay if I'm going with my bf and need to take some sexy photo.

TQ , Jane

Chiang Khong...
Level Contributor
4,723 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wearing sexy bikini in beach area ?

I was at nah harn beach "phuket" in Nov

saw many topless women sunbathing on the beach

all with BF

My Thai fiance thought it was strange. but did not bother her.

after seeing all the topless women I had a craving for fired egg sandwich. after eating I got sick that night so you can say in a rounda bout way the topless women made me sick LOL

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,866 posts
414 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wearing sexy bikini in beach area ?

HaHa, Now I know why I dont like fried eggs, especially when the toast is burnt and the eggs come from an old chook.. Yuk

Aussie
Level Contributor
454 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wearing sexy bikini in beach area ?

hahahaha... that really did make me LOL Cathy!!!!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wearing sexy bikini in beach area ?

Jane,

Nudity is considered offensive to the Thai culture. Do what you want (as most other westerners/europeans do) however my belief is that when visiting a country we should respect their culture and customs and adjust ourselves accordingly, rather than just lumping our beliefs on them.....

There are plenty of normal bikinis you can buy on the cheap in Thailand if you dont already have one. I suggest you buy one and wear it. Dont go topless, and cover up when not on the beach... walking down the middle of a Thailand street in a bikini or speedos is disrespectful.

:-) Reet xx

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wearing sexy bikini in beach area ?

Wearing Speedos in any country is disrespectful!

:) :)

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
226 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wearing sexy bikini in beach area ?

I agree with EmjayReet.

I've always wondered why people would knowingly be disrespectful when visiting a different culture. You're a guest and therefore must act accordingly.

It happens in Mexico too where public nudity is frowned on.

Just MY two cents.

Kingston upon Thames
12 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Wearing sexy bikini in beach area ?

Jane 27, your location says PJ. I take it this is PJ as in Petaling Jaya near Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia?

Would you wear such skimpy beachwear on Penang or Langkawi beaches in your own country? Somehow, I doubt it. If you would wear the same thing in Malaysia then go ahead and do so in Thailand too.

The Thais are a pretty tolerant bunch of people, but remember there is a difference between tolerating something and actually liking it.

PJ
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Wearing sexy bikini in beach area ?

Just wearing Thong bikini and without Topless , any problems ?

Kingston upon Thames
12 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Wearing sexy bikini in beach area ?

Jane, I’ll say it again, wear what you’d wear on a Penang or Langkawi beach.

Would it be okay to take “sexy photos” on Penang or Langkawi’s beaches?

Like Penang & Langkawi, Kata and Karon also attract families with children? If you wouldn’t do it in your own country then why consider it in another country?

There are beaches much closer to PJ where you could go to make your “sexy photos” why wait until September and travel so far, pop over to Port Dickson and make them there, better still, I bet some of the beaches in on the east coast of Malaysia around Kota Baru would really appreciate your thongs and sexy photos. Isn’t that the state in Malaysia that forbids the cinemas to turn their lights out (for fear of couples holding hands or god forbid kissing) and forbids women from wearing too tight jeans or tops that reveal the belly button?

New York City...
Level Contributor
119 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wearing sexy bikini in beach area ?

My wife and I stayed at The Patong Bay Garden Resort located right on the beach in Patong Bay on Phuket Island. The beach is packed with people of all ages and nationalities. There were countless women of all ages (young to old) that were walking the beach and lounging without a bathing top. Perhaps Patong is an exception due to the party nightlife scene. There were many males wearing thongs and very small speedos too. Sounds like you would be more on the respectful side as a female as you are intending to wear an entire bathing suite.