We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xmas time - No Room at the Inn

Which Pattaya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oz
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Xmas time - No Room at the Inn

Hi All,

I'm thinking of visiting Pattaya in next week for 14 days, but every hotel I seem to make an enquiry about rooms, comes back saying fully booked. Even hotel booking companies like Hoteltravel.com, AtSiam.com etc return the same result. I know its kinda last minute, but was wondering if anyone can remember seeing Room-for-rent signs around this period last year. Are there many other smaller hotels (which don't have websites- hence no online bookings to fill them up) that could have rooms available to book when I get there?

Am not fussed if there is no American breakfast or pool or attached restaurant etc. It does not have to be a hotel. A guesthouse or just privately run rooms would be ok. Basically after a clean a/c room with ensuit.

I'd appreciate any advice & experiences in this area.

Thanks

Danny

Level Contributor
1,032 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Xmas time - No Room at the Inn

With over 500 hotels and Guests house, you will found a room without problem even in December. Try new hotels on Soi(street) 2-3-4-5, in soi Diana inn and Buakhaow and all soi between Buakhaow and third road, many new hotels are just open this year.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Xmas time - No Room at the Inn

Had to find something for friends coming down at short notice and they was plenty of choice.

http://www.ratestogo.com/enter.asp?id=5604

you don't have to ask what rooms are available, they list how many rooms at each place and the last minute price, even better you only pay about 12% deposit and the rest when you get there, very easy and quite a lot of rooms still available.

Oz
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Xmas time - No Room at the Inn

Thanks guys. Your messages make me feel a hell of a lot better. Thanks Pimilan ...good to know that there are still places that can be found on arrival.

I will be arriving in Pattaya around 2pm or earlier so plan to stroll down the soi's and hopefully find a place, and/or also hire a motorbike so I'm more mobile in the search.

Thanks again

Chonburi
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Xmas time - No Room at the Inn

2 things in Pattaya that if you can't do you must have a serious personal issues....find a girlfriend and find a hotel?!?!?!

It IS high season, but if you turn up you will find somewhere. Might I suggest you rent a motorbike?

leave your bags in a hotel that's full...shouild not be a problem, get on your bike and scoot about.

You could hire a motorbike taxi but they don't seem to understand what you want and tend to take you to their families' hotels/shops etc.

As said the Soi Buakhao road has lots of new, small hotels so there's a good chance of finding something up that way, and check for cancellations....just start at your number one chioce and turn up....some always keep a room or 2 spare for latecomers.

You might have to move a bit, but If you can get a room for a couple of nights you can use that time to drive about and find a bargain.

Another area that is bourgeoning is Soi Arunothai, opposite Carrefour on Central road, there are some new apartments and some condos down there. Nirun Grandeville (Arunothai) is oldish but has some nicely done up private rooms, don't be put off by the dingy corridors. Ask at the office about renting.

There's also Shagwell's hotle but I'm pretty sure they'll be booked up, which is a pity, because they have pretty nice rooms and a cute pool.

Chonburi
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Xmas time - No Room at the Inn

2 things in Pattaya that if you can't do you must have a serious personal issues....find a girlfriend and find a hotel?!?!?!

It IS high season, but if you turn up you will find somewhere. Might I suggest you rent a motorbike?

leave your bags in a hotel that's full...shouild not be a problem, get on your bike and scoot about.

You could hire a motorbike taxi but they don't seem to understand what you want and tend to take you to their families' hotels/shops etc.

As said the Soi Buakhao road has lots of new, small hotels so there's a good chance of finding something up that way, and check for cancellations....just start at your number one chioce and turn up....some always keep a room or 2 spare for latecomers.

You might have to move a bit, but If you can get a room for a couple of nights you can use that time to drive about and find a bargain.

Another area that is bourgeoning is Soi Arunothai, opposite Carrefour on Central road, there are some new apartments and some condos down there. Nirun Grandeville (Arunothai) is oldish but has some nicely done up private rooms, don't be put off by the dingy corridors. Ask at the office about renting.

There's also Shagwell's hotle but I'm pretty sure they'll be booked up, which is a pity, because they have pretty nice rooms and a cute pool.

Chonburi
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Xmas time - No Room at the Inn

Chonburi
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Xmas time - No Room at the Inn

Chonburi
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Xmas time - No Room at the Inn

I didn't mean to repeat myself....I didn't mean to repeat myself....I didn't mean.........

There IS one thing I forgot to mention though.

Thailand, and Pattaya is sprinkled with "love Motels". these inconspicuous places are open 24 hours and their primary function is a private place for Thais to "liase". they usually are built inside out....blank walls outside and rooms surrounding a courtyard with parking in front of the rooms disceetly covered by a screen.

The rates are by the hour or the night and the rooms are usually quite good....sometimed even spectacular!

The point being that they are not used very much by farang and usually have a room in an emergency. If I find myself not fit to drive home I just call in one of these places and stay the night. i've never paid more than 700 baht and the rooms usually have air, TV, and the biggest bath or shower rooms you've ever seen.

Not for a prolonged stay, but useful to know about in an emergency....keep your eyes open, and you'll see signs like "LOVE INN" "24hrs" "Private Place" etc etc.....

Oz
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Xmas time - No Room at the Inn

Wow, thanks again for such an insight and reassurance.... things that no travel book or agent could possibly tell you. This is a great forum!

Oh & no-worries about the repeat... you had me laughing again with... the taxi guys taking me to their family shops! Hahaha. I know what you mean and I can imagine it's true..... its just funny - looking for a hotel and being shown a shop. As you say, I will hire a m/bike... no probs with the small bag as luggage strapped accross the shoulder. Will cruise the streets you mentioned and look out for the inconspicious ones. Don't mind the move around from one place to another if I have to. The diversity adds to the travel experience... if I wanted to be comfortable, I'd stay home. Am looking forward to the trip now... Thanks again

Danny

10. Re: Xmas time - No Room at the Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, August 19, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Pattaya