We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Soi7/soi8 hotel

London, United...
Level Contributor
135 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Soi7/soi8 hotel

Hi,

Need some hotel advice in central location,either soi 7 or 8 . Which hotels there have the largest pools ?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
10,146 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Soi7/soi8 hotel

And what is your budget? If budget is no issue go to the other side of Pattaya Central Road to Hard Rock Hotel which has a huge pool area.

Sois 7 and 8 have been a rather rundown beer bar area which is slowly being gentrified. Do you really want to stay there?

For what do you need a central location? For nightlife and trips to Ko Larn it would be better to stay in South Pattaya. In any case it is just 15 minutes and 10 baht on a baht bus between South and Central Pattaya.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Soi7/soi8 hotel

This really depends on your budget The Flipper Lodge Hotel at the Beach Road end of Soi 8 used to be a good reasonably priced hotel with a reasonable roof top pool overlooking the bay but I have not stayed for years so I can't comment on what it is like now.

Level Contributor
233 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Soi7/soi8 hotel

baksy,

In researching for my upcoming visit, I watched several YouTube videos on Pattaya and one gent "sash p" has uploaded videos on his recent stay at The Flipper House Hotel on Soi 7. One video is a room tour, another shows many dishes at the restaurant and there's even one from the pool.

I have no affiliation with sash p or Flipper House and I'm not even staying there but I thought I'd mention it since you want that area. Check out his videos.

Safe travels.

Level Contributor
233 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Soi7/soi8 hotel

michael, that was odd eh? Commented on Flipper House simultaneously. 😀

Merseyside, United...
Level Contributor
1,281 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Soi7/soi8 hotel

Only two proper hotels in the area and they've both been mentioned already, both are perhaps OK if you are just interested in nightlife but little else to really recommed either of them. Not sure which has the best pool as they both have rooftop pools, there are better options depending on your budget.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Soi7/soi8 hotel

@ Tosh Yes quite a coincidence but The Flipper Lodge and The Flipper house are 2 different hotels, Lodge on soi 8 House on Soi 7 there are also the Eastiny group Hotels but I have never stayed at any of them so I don't know what they are like but when I walk past they seem pretty dead.

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
3,257 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Soi7/soi8 hotel

We stayed in Flipper Lodge years ago - looking at their website the rooms have had a bit of an upgrade since we stayed. The rooftop pool here was good, it's not a huge space and it did get busy with some days we couldn't get a sunbed.

As the_goodsoil_family says, it depends on why you particularly want this location and what your budget is for if there are better options.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
17,816 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Soi7/soi8 hotel

How much do you want to spend on a hotel room each night? Use Thai baht.

Baht bus rides on Sai Song and on Pattaya Beach Road cost 10 baht. That's probably the cheapest ride a foreign tourist will get in Thailand. You can walk from around Soi 10 to Soi 8 in minutes.

No need to put yourself right in the middle of these two sois. (See map below.) Some hotels even show on the map.

thaiwaysmagazine.com/pattaya_map/pattaya_map…

Forum search will give you many hotel suggestions, perhaps a few will be in your price range.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
17,816 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Soi7/soi8 hotel

Hilton Hotel has a very nice pool.

NEWCASTLE
Level Contributor
112 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Soi7/soi8 hotel

I stay at Bayview hotel on Soi 10 every year. Only a 5 minute walk to Soi 7/8. Bayview has 2 good pools.

However I have just looked at Flipper Lodge website, and the Flippern price is less than half what I have just booked. My booking is non-refundable or I might have been well tempted to save 500 quid.