We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay

Which Pattaya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Townsville
1 post
Save Topic
Where to stay

Hello,

I am going to Pattaya for the first time in Nov 06. Is staying at Jomtien a good idea if you want a bit of a quieter time, or does travelling into Central Pattaya become an issue. I'm travelling alone, any recommended accommodation (mid range) would be appreciated also. Thank you

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
18 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay

Jomtien is a good idea. Travelling to Pattaya is around 10 mins on a bathbus (10 bath in the daytime, 100 bath at night). Make sure that you stay in a hotel that is on the regular bathbus route (Jomtien Beach Road), and the travelling should not be an issue.

Plenty of accomodation to choose from. I have stayed at the Jomtien Thani in soi 5 apx 200 m from the beach. I think it was good value for money at 1100 bath. If you chose this hotel, make sure you get a room with sea-view.

Level Contributor
1,032 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay

If you like specially the beach Jomtien is a better place but quiet only et the end of the beach, Jomtien thani is a quality hotel, Pattaya offer a really large choice of hotels, Welcome Plaza, Royal Palace, Pattaya centre if you like bulding hôtels, Cottages, Nautical inn, The Haeven if you like bungalows or small bulding are good choices.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,435 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay

Jomtien might be a little more quiet, but it might be a little more boring at night time too!

Book a couple of nights in Jomtien to try it out, if it works out stay longer. If not, you can find a place in Pattaya (maybe cheaper too) and take advantage of the malls, movie theaters, night markets and variety of things to do.

I usually pay 20 baht for the baht bus from Jomtien to Pattaya. In Pattaya Farangs usually pay 10 baht for the roving baht busses (pick-up trucks with seats in the back.) Wave a passing baht bus, hop on, reach a place to get off - just push the buzzer for the driver to stop - hand over the 10 baht.

Good luck.

4. Re: Where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, August 27, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Pattaya