We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what's going on?

Which Pattaya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
633 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
what's going on?

sorry to be a pain in the arse, asking all these questions, just seen on the news the thai pm has declared a state of emergency in bangkok,

is it going to be safe to go to thailand? i fly on the 4th october.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
83 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what's going on?

I can't imagine that the coup would last longer than a week or so. Tourism is big in Thailand and I doubt they would allow the coup to interfere with the tourism business. My family is in Bangkok and from their reports, everything seems to be business as usual. There doesn't seem to be any indication of violence and it's definately not the first time that they've staged a coup. Thailand's democracy is too mature for their to be any long lasting chaos. Do you know what parts of Thailand you will be visiting?

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
633 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what's going on?

hi linndie, i am going to pattaya on the 4th october.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what's going on?

Anyone in Phukent can shed lights on current travel situation as a result of recent Military coup?

Is it still safe to travel there and if we should be postponding our trip? Unfortunately we will be there in 2 days time in Phuket. We hope to hear some views.

Chonburi
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: what's going on?

SNAFU - the general feeling at the moment is business as usual....wait before changing money..you might get a better rate.

No violence reported yet.

All the schools banks etc closed today - army declared today "a holiday"!?!?

Pattaya, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,053 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: what's going on?

i doubt very much whether in pataya you will notice any effect

Eastern Standard...
Level Contributor
473 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: what's going on?

Everything is pretty much normal in Pattaya today. The banks and government offices were closed yesterday - but they re-opened today!

So far - so good!

7. Re: what's going on?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, August 23, 2009