We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Street food in Patts

Which Pattaya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
vancouver
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,753 posts
Save Topic
Street food in Patts

Ok haven't walked around Patts that much but can't remember seeing much if any street food stalls like soi 4 (and many other places ) in BKK, so where might I find a place with hopefully a few ( many !) vendors ?

Bray, Ireland
Level Contributor
867 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Street food in Patts

I was thinking the same thing last time I visited. Certainly nothing compared to Bangkok for street food. But along beach road, can't remember exactly where, but I walked from soi 10 to walking street and there was quite a few barbeque stalls along there, I also seen a few selling all sorts of insects if that takes your fancy!!!!!

vancouver
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,753 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Street food in Patts

Thanks but I should qualify by saying sit down (tables and chairs ) options

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,811 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Street food in Patts

You can find some of the "street food" type choices at food courts. Lots of chairs and tables plus A/C too. And washrooms for washing hands.

When you are sitting at beer bars there are mobile street food vendors that stop and sell. Fried fish guy, chicken guy, smelly squid guy and even mamasans with two baskets on poles who stop and pound out something for the bar girls in their mortar and pestles. Soi Boukhaw has some street food vendors sort of at fixed locations. (Near the Tuesday Friday Market, close to the Sawasdee Siam Hotel and the little flea market not far from LK Mansion.)

I prefer food courts for hygiene reasons. I like my food preparers to be able to wash their hands after using the toilet! Not to mention clean running water for washing dishes.

vancouver
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,753 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Street food in Patts

So where are these food courts then ? they sound well worth checking out

Edited: 10:56 pm, February 17, 2014
Bray, Ireland
Level Contributor
867 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Street food in Patts

Central festival shopping mall has a food court in the basement. It's in central pattaya walking north from soi 10, not far. You can enter it from either beach road or second road

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,811 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Street food in Patts

Many of the big malls have food courts. Smaller food courts in Mike Mall (limited choices mostly employees) and TukCom IT Center basement. Royal Garden Mall, Lotus Tesco and Big C on Central have food courts. Central Festival looks pretty good and easy to get to. Near a supermarket too!

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
954 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Street food in Patts

Thee is also great street food to the right of Sabai Resort and another place opposite the Ibis hotel( I think outside a family mart)

vancouver
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,753 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Street food in Patts

Where are the Sabai and Ibis (sois and neasrest cross sois please) ?

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
7,660 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Street food in Patts

Evening\night time is when you see most of the carts come out. (everyone usually is sleeping during the day)

Walking street/Side Soi(s), Soi 7/8, Soi 13-1, Soi 13-2 plus there are many others around.

vancouver
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,753 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Street food in Patts

Thanks , whenever I google something the map seems to show the N-S soi (Saisong, Beach) but not really the E-W soi

Edited: 10:57 am, February 18, 2014