We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bangkok to pattaya

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
633 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
bangkok to pattaya

can anybody please tell me how long it takes to get from bangkok airport to the resort of pattaya, my brochure says 2 hours, is this realistic?

Level Contributor
1,037 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bangkok to pattaya

Yes it's about 2 hours and will be only 1 hours and half from the new airport.

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
633 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bangkok to pattaya

thanks pimilan, that wont be too long.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,481 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: bangkok to pattaya

You don't say if you are leaving from the airport by an expensive limo, a taxi or a cheaper bus!

The VIP bus from the Ekamai Bus Station on Sukhumvit (around 120 baht) will take 2.5 to 3 hours to Pattaya, depending on traffic.

There is another VIP bus from the Morchit Bus Station (closer to the airport) for around the same price. You have to take a taxi to Morchit. You have a choice of a taxi or the Airport Bus for the Ekamai Bus Station.

If you go with a bus to Pattaya then you will need further transportation from there to your hotel (around 20 baht to 60 baht).

The taxi or limo should bring you directly to your hotel.

AL

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
633 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bangkok to pattaya

i am on a package holiday, so it is probably an old bus, thanks for the info al.

Chonburi
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: bangkok to pattaya

If you're with a package deal, I would think you'll get an air-con minibus. Try not to look in front on the way there. they should stop half-way for refreshments etc.

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
633 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bangkok to pattaya

thanks khunwilko, but why should i not look in front?

Chonburi
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: bangkok to pattaya

The prevalent style of driving in Thailand, is best appreciated with one's eyes tightly closed or at least averted from the oncoming traffic....if you get my meaning....

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
633 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: bangkok to pattaya

thanks again.

9. Re: bangkok to pattaya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 am, August 12, 2009