We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Room upgrade

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
227 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Room upgrade

Staying at sabai lodge resort in April for 2weeks. We are in a basic room,which I don't like the look of.hoping to upgrade to a bungalow when we check in.looking at the web site the dif in price is a 1000B a night which would be 14000B for to weeks, is it possible to haggle with them on the price. Any sudgestions anybody thank you.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
9,245 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Room upgrade

You can ALWAYS haggle although you are in a better position to haggle if you are not already booked in and have the possibility to walk away and take your business elsewhere.

Sometimes haggling works sometimes it doesn't, but at the end of the day you lose nothing by trying.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,240 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Room upgrade

April usually has vacancies unless it is near Songkran.

You can book one night or two and then say you will stay longer at their place if a better room. April, basic hotel room with A/C, private toilet, TV and clean sheets - 500-600 baht a night is possible. But this is a place without a pool.

Doesn't hurt to ask.

Pattaya, Thailand
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Room upgrade

Sabai resort isn't

a nice place mate .... go to the ktk which is not to far from sabai

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
227 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Room upgrade

Hi wots not nice about it

omaha, nebraska...
Level Contributor
97 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Room upgrade

I just booked a room at sabai lodge for songkran.

new brunswick
Level Contributor
522 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Room upgrade

I stayed in Sabai Lodge once, no longer remember the type of room and price I paid.

Being 2.5* hotel, rate of Sabai Lodge is in the range of 900- 1700 B per night pending on the type of room, etc You can check other website. 1000 B per night for an upgrade does not seem right.

The multi swimming pools there are quite nice. Locations is great. That's the perk. So don't expect room to be anything fancy or special. The main difference may be the size of the room and with balcony or not.

As original poster is intending to stay there for 2 weeks, it would be better to have decent size room. .

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
227 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Room upgrade

We will upgrade wen we get there as we will be there to week but not want to pay an extra 1000b a nite so maybe we won't get a bungalow unless they will do it cheaper

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
967 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Room upgrade

I have stayed in both the sabai lodge and resort and both are fine.

Portsmouth, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Room upgrade

HI,

stayed at this place last year,about same time as you are going.Nice hotel.I find it cheaper to book your room on line in the uk.I think it will cost more for a walk in rate or upgrade when you are there.That is if they have one going.You could Phone or E-mail them.best of luck,

Ben.

10. Re: Room upgrade

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, March 12, 2015