We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PATTAY hotels on the beach

Mumbai (Bombay...
6 posts
Save Topic
PATTAY hotels on the beach

Hi ,

Which area is best to stay at PATTAYA.

Could you please suggest a good budget family hotel for me at Pattaya , preferably on the beach. I am visiting with my family in March and my son is very keen to try various water sports and scuba diving etc. hence beach side location will be preferred.

Not interested in night life.

My Budget THB 1400 to 1800 per day…..incl of BREAKFAST

Thanks,

Rekha

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,240 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: PATTAY hotels on the beach

"son is very keen to try various water sports and scuba diving etc."

The water along Pattaya Beach isn't the best quality. Most Western tourists do not swim in that water.

Read the FAQ's and do a forum search for scams and other warnings concerning water sports. If you are on a smart phone switch to a real computer. Easier to access hotel help, FAQ's and do forum searches from a real computer.

All of Pattaya Beach Road, Pattaya Sai Song and side sois have nightlife. BUT no one will force you into the bars. Breakfast is a cheap meal in Pattaya. If you only want a hotel that includes breakfast you limit your places to stay at. Sample breakfast prices from around 40 baht to 150 baht.

Your hotel will ask how many people in one room. Mother and father and child - usually no problem. If your family includes other adults maybe get a cheap room for them. Pattaya Ibis Hotel. Walk to Big C Mall, Kiss Restaurant, use cheap 10 baht transportation on Sai Song (Second Road) and Beach Road. This area allows you to walk to malls, street vendors, restaurants and other helpful things. By March many hotels will start to lower their prices.

ibis.com/gb/…index.shtml

Don't expect much for water sports. If you are only in Pattaya for a couple days lower your son's expectations for water sports adventures. If you intend to rent a water craft read about the scams concerning water craft. If not you could be liable for thousands of dollars! (Same for Phuket too!)

Some water sport activities on Koh Larn Island.

http://kohlarn.com/todo.htm

Do a Google search - forum search on for scuba diving Pattaya. Scuba diving isn't something you pick up with a few minutes of instruction. Takes time and when you screw up you die!

Good luck.

Edited: 6:41 am, January 10, 2014
London, United...
Level Contributor
13,650 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PATTAY hotels on the beach

'try various water sports and scuba diving'

Why did you pick Pattaya if you want this ? I would not paddle never mind swim in water at Pattaya.

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
3,087 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PATTAY hotels on the beach

Pattaya is not much suitable for Scuba diving or any other water activities. You can find some water activities in Koh Larn Islands, links provided your above.

For your budget, I would suggest you the following hotels, see the links. All 'little' far from nightlife.

Citin Garden Resort

tripadvisor.in/Hotel_Review-g293919-d1463256…

Peace Resorts

tripadvisor.in/Hotel_Review-g293919-d628720-…

Centara Pattaya Hotel

tripadvisor.in/Hotel_Review-g293919-d2457814…

Page 10 Hotel

tripadvisor.in/Hotel_Review-g293919-d1910183…

Merseyside, United...
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PATTAY hotels on the beach

There are only one hotel in Pattaya town that are really on the beach / sea the Dusit and its well outside your budget better to look at hotels in Nakula the beach is a little better than the main town beach but that not saying a lot.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,737 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: PATTAY hotels on the beach

Avoid the water in Pattaya and avoid the jet skis!

6. Re: PATTAY hotels on the beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 16, 2015