We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to buy "fake" shirts?

Orebro, Sweden
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Where to buy "fake" shirts?

Everytime I go to Thailand, I try to buy at least 10-20 fake "Tennis-shirts". Usually the quality is very good. My question is: Where is the best place to go in Pattaya (or Bangkok) to do this type of shopping, is there a shop with a lot to choose from (types, sizes). And what´s the right price to pay? (My last visit was 3 years ago, and then I paid about B 150 each)

Thanks in advance!

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,896 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to buy "fake" shirts?

On New Phetchaburi Road, near the Baiyoke Tower Hotel is a place called the Krung Thong Plaza, Apparel Center. (Check out www.krungthong-plaza.com for more info.)

In this building (sort of kitty corner across Phetchaburi Road from the Panthip Plaza computer mall) you will find all sorts of clothing for sale. Many of the street vendors buy their stuff from here and the soi and building next door.

The back street behind First Hotel to the Baiyoke Hotel has many small shops making t-shirts and stuff like that.

As far as prices go, check out a few vendors on Sukhumvit or near Patpong, see what they ask for your shirts. Kinda work back from that price. When you buy in quantity you should get a good deal!

Every now and then when I wander around Pattaya I see a small shop making clothes, usually T-shirts though. Not easy to give directions for these places. Some of the back streets parallel to the far end of Walking Street you will find a few shops, not far from the Blues Factory & Soi Diamond area.

In Naklua there are a few places that sell T-shirts and golf style shirts in bulk. The area between the fish market and the post office has a few shops. Don't have any store names, just the side street between the fish market and the street the post office is on (not far from the old weekend market.) Maybe that steet is Sawangfa Road. Sorry for weak info. The shop with the shirts also had a good computer embroidery set up. Got some stuff made around 5 years ago. Maybe asking for the embroidery shop will narrow the search down.

Pattaya has a lot of hotels into golf big time! Check with one of those hotels to see where they buy their gear. Diana Inn Hotel on Pattaya 2nd Road and Soi Diana is one of the hotels.

Good luck.

Level Contributor
1,038 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to buy "fake" shirts?

In Bangkok Indra square, Pratunam and MBK shopping center offer great value for shirt, fake or not.

Level Contributor
1,038 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to buy "fake" shirts?

In Pattaya, in front of Mike Dpt store on second road and in soi Diana Inn near soi Buakaow you found nice shirt.

Level Contributor
1,038 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to buy "fake" shirts?

In Pattaya, in front of Mike Dpt store on second road and in soi Diana Inn near soi Buakaow you found nice shirt.

Orebro, Sweden
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to buy "fake" shirts?

Thank you for your useful info! Looks like our first night hotel in Bangkok is situated just right. We´re staying at the First House Hotel in Pratunam. Do you guys have any ideas about the prices, is B 150 still an appropiate price to pay for a fake Nike-shirt for example?

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,896 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to buy "fake" shirts?

You can buy "fake" shirts from lots of street vendors in Bangkok or Pattaya, they are all over the place!

If you want to buy in quantity at a good price - you should find the place the VENDORS buy their stuff from!

Pattaya, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,053 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to buy "fake" shirts?

The cheapest place in pattaya tends to be the Made in Thailand market on second road - though if you exit this and walk north maybe 400 yards down the road on the same side is a shop with the best range of golf/tennis type shirts I've seen in Pattaya

8. Re: Where to buy "fake" shirts?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:26 am, August 13, 2009