We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Few Questions....

Which Pattaya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
Few Questions....

Hi, Coming first time to Pattaya from Australia....alone (single male in late thirties),

Coming around late November (last week) for 8 or nine days. Would like to spend most of the time in Pattaya and sorrounding areas and couple of nights in Bangkok as well

- What is the ideal area to find a decent hotel in Pattaya......an area which is quite central, has good clubs, bars, night life near by....I can spend over 100 US dollars a night on a good hotel.

- How is Weekend compared to Week days in Pattaya. Shall I spend the weekend in Pattaya or Bangkok

- What areas around Pattaya for day trip...

- What are the recommended activities around Pattaya...

- Foreign Exchange Place, Good rates in Bangkok or Pattaya OR is it much the same....

- Any other advise.....

Cheers !!!

Josh

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,438 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Few Questions....

If you look over the FAQ's some of your questions will be answered. Also using the forum search option will give you help too.

My "ideal area" for Pattaya City is roughly between North Pattaya Road and South Pattaya Road. Where you see Central Pattaya Road is about "central" for many things. A hotel located on or near Pattaya Sai Song or Pattaya Beach Road (and some of the nearby sois) will be helpful for walking to malls, restaurants, nightlife, supermarkets, etc. Also the city transportation is only 10 baht using baht buses.

thaiwaysmagazine.com/pattaya_map/pattaya_map…

As far as hotels go, Pattaya is cheaper than Bangkok. You can spend $100 (3000 baht) a night if you want for your room but a hotel at half the price is still pretty good. Keep in mind that a basic hotel beginning around 600 baht ($20) will have private toilet, hot water, TV and air conditioning, maybe free wifi too!

Pattaya, like Bangkok will be no problem for changing your currency over to Thai baht. Most of the money changing is done by banks and smaller bank kiosks. They are open every day with good hours just about everywhere! (Probably a thousand posts on changing money will show up with forum search and the FAQ's also have info too.) You have to change something at the airport just to pay for bus or taxi rides. Exchange rate can change every working day, maybe more than once. Bank "X" in Pattaya is supposed to have the same exchange rate as bank "X" in Bangkok. For the same day and for the same hour! If you will be hunting the best rate a cheaper hotel will put more money in your pocket. Any rate you get in Thailand will be better than what you will get back home.

…daytodaydata.net/default.aspx

Pattaya is lively 7 days a week. On weekends you will get more Thai family groups visiting the beach for the day. Some weekends there are band concerts on the beach or other city wide activities. Local travel agencies can provide tours. FAQ's and old posts have some of the things to see and do. Also a simple Google search will give you "things to see and do" for Pattaya and Bangkok.

I think you should NOT skip Bangkok. Maybe a few days just before you fly back home. This is good for final shopping, see the city, etc. Go to the Bangkok forum. Sukhumvit Nana area is a good area. You can use the Skytrain too.

Have fun.

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Few Questions....

Infidelal,

Thanks a ton for your time and effort . It is a wonderful reply to my questions.

Cheers.

Canowindra, New...
Level Contributor
104 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Few Questions....

If you were to do bangkok on a weekend chatuchuk markets will be open.

Pattaya
Level Contributor
489 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Few Questions....

No need to spend that much a night, that will give you a first lass hotel in Pattaya, and they are not located where the parties are at.

Soi buakhao is a nice place to start, bars are open from about noon, there are plenty of restaurants and even Go Go bars. When heading for Walking Street, it is only 2 minutes and 10 baht away.

I stay at Karma Lounge and Guesthouse, when I go out in Pattaya, so does another Australian at the moment. :-)

I am not a big fan of Bangkok and therefore I have only spent a week there, so I can't help you much in that regard. Pattaya is the place for me!

5. Re: Few Questions....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, October 27, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Pattaya