We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will it be raining all day in mid August?

california
1 post
Save Topic
Will it be raining all day in mid August?

Hi , we are planning to go there on 8/18/2006, will it be raining all day?

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,931 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will it be raining all day in mid August?

Probably not. I have encountered very few all day showers in Thailand. You may very well have an afternoon shower evry day, and it may even be intense, but it is unlikely to be all day every day, or even all day any day.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
3,991 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Will it be raining all day in mid August?

Hi there!

Unfortunately, this year has been the wettest on record in central/east Thailand since records began. (in fact it is pouring down now in BKK and has been in Pattaya too.)The reason: Well, the experts say it is because of the "EL Nina" weather phenomon that creeps into the south east china sea from the pacific, bringing that much more humidity, and consequently, rain. I'd still say, no, it will not be raining all day - I have escaped wonderful beaches further down the coast as I was aware Pattaya wouldhave more sun.

The weather here is a fickle thing I'd have to summize, and being the tropics,well, there is no accurate forecast at this time of year.

Level Contributor
1,037 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Will it be raining all day in mid August?

In august it will certainly raining but not all day, actually the weather is not good but it s possible to go on the beach .

4. Re: Will it be raining all day in mid August?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, August 12, 2009