We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Weather?

Going to Pattaya the last week of Oct thru November 10th, what kind of weather can I expect? Temperature? Rain?

Will it be warm enough to lay out onthe beach?

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,905 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather?

Pleasant to hot during the day (depends on your definition of pleasant and hot) with the possibility of an afternoon shower, maybe a heavy shower.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,072 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather?

You can lay on the beach or swim in a hotel pool all year round!

When it rains it rains for an hour or two - then the sun comes out again to burn you to a crisp (almost.)

Compared to Detroit you will think you are in an oven! Pleasant breeze blows in from the beach sometimes, figure on a temperature of around 85 degrees, give or take 10.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather?

Am in Pattaya right now and the weather is...........................pants!!! Terrible. The newspapers are saying the "El Nina" weather phenomenon (which brings humid weather in from the pacific) is going to decimate the sunshine hours in Thailand this year - and so far they are right! Wettest year I've known in 10 -hope not too many of you are scared off by this, but the "nina/nino" thing is real -I have experienced it in Japan as well -a whole summer of rain when the sun should have been shining every day. The weather for Thailand in the next few months looks very dodgy indeed!

san Francisco
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather?

I hope the La Nina stuff ends by Sept when I get there.

I live in California and I remember El Nino and the terrible weather and flooding we had here. Worst weather ever!

Chonburi
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather?

The wet season comes to an end quite abruptly around the beginning of November. So you might get the benefit of the beginnig of the cool season. During the wet, the usual pattern is for heavy showers followed by sun. Some days it can remain cloudy all day. The temperature will be about 35C midday (95F) so don't worry about being able to sit on the beach....they also have umbrellas. Most people find the rain a welcome break from the heat. It never gets cold in Thailand, the coolest month is December, when the temp can dip below 30C (86F) occasionally. At that time of year it is quite dry and consequently the high season for tourism.

I live just outside Pattaya and as I look out of the window now I see sun and clouds. at the moment the sun is at its northernmost., it is actually going round to the north, over the next few weeks it will head back Southwards meaning at some point it will be directly overhead...so some warm weather for a while....

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,072 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather?

Yes, expect rain. Temperature not too bad.

The weather doesn't bother me too much this time of year. Yes, it does rain a lot more around this time period! And La Nina and La Nino comes up as a factor again, like it did 7 or 8 years ago.

Kind of like that old saying the "glass is half full or half empty!" With around 12 hours of daylight minus 3 or 4 hours for rain and dark clouds you will still have around 7 or 8 hours of sun or hazy sun, enough sunlight for a tan or walking the beach, etc.

Just take an umbrella with you! You can get an unbrella for around 80 baht. Thailand still gets lots and lots of tourists this time of year. One benefit is you will find hotel pricing at "low season" rates with many hotels offering special deals.

November in Thailand beats November in Detroit anytime!

Chonburi
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather?

For Pattaya weather try this http://www.thaivisa.com/weather.0.html

and for news on some flash flooding read this...http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=74616

I have to say that any heavy rain has been very localised

8. Re: Weather?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, August 15, 2009