We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tailor shop - order cancellation

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Tailor shop - order cancellation

In a moment of weakness I was talked into buying a made to measure suit by a small tailors on Beach Road. I agreed a final cost of 4750B and paid a cash deposit of 1000B. If I was to cancel this by email would they have any legal recourse, for instance sending debt collectors or police to my hotel (it has security guards), or would they probably just pocket the cash and forget it? This order was placed less than 24 hours ago. They call themselves New Euro Collection, in Baywalk Residence.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,240 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tailor shop - order cancellation

Still in Pattaya tell them in person. Right now they probably haven't cut any material unless you asked for expedited service. Maybe don't count on any money back. My opinion, the longer you delay telling them the bigger the problem!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tailor shop - order cancellation

Thanks, but I'm a bit of a wimp so I'll just email them. I can stand to lose 1000B!

gympie
Level Contributor
206 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tailor shop - order cancellation

They probably wont read their emails, dont be a whimp they wont hurt you, go tell them this morning in person, you would like to told in person if it was you... one reason they take a deposit is if you change your mind..

gympie
Level Contributor
206 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tailor shop - order cancellation

They probably wont read their emails, dont be a whimp they wont hurt you, go tell them this morning in person, you would like to told in person if it was you... one reason they take a deposit is if you change your mind..

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tailor shop - order cancellation

Definitely go in person and the quicker the better, they've probably not started the suit yet.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,240 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tailor shop - order cancellation

"hanks, but I'm a bit of a wimp so I'll just email them. I can stand to lose 1000B!"

Tip your hotel front desk guy to call this place to cancel for you. Tell the tailor your LB or someone else stole all your money and you're broke!

The longer you wait the worse it is!

Edited: 6:46 am, July 08, 2013
7. Re: Tailor shop - order cancellation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, July 10, 2014