We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4D3N bangkok & pataya trip

Kuala Lumpur...
5 posts
Save Topic
4D3N bangkok & pataya trip

Hi guys. I'd like some advice on my itineraries for a 1 day trip to Pattaya. Will I be able to get to Pattaya from Bangkok in the early morning and cover these 3 places - coral island,sriracha tiger zoo & tiffney show. we are couples going to bangkok from july 25 to July 27th. so kindly advise the good plan.

regards

Sampath

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
187 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4D3N bangkok & pataya trip

Hello

Its far too less a time span to enjoy Pattaya. It will possibly not be worth the effort and the money if you visit places like Bangkok and Pattaya for1/2 nights.

However, to answer your question -

1. Yes you can reach Pattaya by starting early in the morning from Bangkok. It takes around 2 hrs or so in taxi/bus.

2. To enjoy coral island you need at least 4/5 hrs (including ferry time) from Pattaya.

3. Tiffany shows are there in the evening. So you can catch may be an evening show.

4. Its not clear if you will be staying one night in Pattaya or not.

Anyways, i really think this is far too short a time span for Bangkok/Pattaya.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4D3N bangkok & pataya trip

Hi Mr. Sampat

You cant cover the three places which you wrote above in one day. Not worth it. At least spend 2 Nights in pataya to enjoy the three places you want to go for and spend 1 night in BKK.

Cheers

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,965 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4D3N bangkok & pataya trip

I would do the 3 days in Bangkok. There is so much to see and do in Bangkok.

Kuala Lumpur...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 4D3N bangkok & pataya trip

Thanks for the reply. ya even i can understand but the thing is as unknowingly i have booked 3 night hotel in bangkok. so for that can i do one day coral island & tiffney show n come back to bangkok & again next morning can visit sriracha tiger zoo & other places possible. pls advise me as am travellin with my family. i dont know much about that places n can i get packages from bangkok like this n where i can get it.

regards

Sampath

Kuala Lumpur...
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 4D3N bangkok & pataya trip

Hi Sanchita,

Thanks for the reply. ya even i can understand but the thing is as unknowingly i have booked 3 night hotel in bangkok. so for that can i do one day coral island & tiffney show n come back to bangkok & again next morning can visit sriracha tiger zoo & other places possible. pls advise me as am travellin with my family. i dont know much about that places n can i get packages from bangkok like this n where i can get it.

regards

Sampath

Kuala Lumpur...
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 4D3N bangkok & pataya trip

can i get tiffney show ticket on same day on weekends once arrival to pataya?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,843 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 4D3N bangkok & pataya trip

You can buy tickets to Tiffany's show on the same day. However, since you have a hotel booking in Bangkok, it makes more sense to explore Bangkok instead of spending a lot of time traveling to Pattaya and back on the same day. If you want to see a ladyboy cabaret show like Tiffany's, you can do it just as well in Bangkok: take the BTS train to Saphan Taksin station, cross the river with the special ferry to the Asiatique night market, and visit the Calypso Cabaret.

Coral Island (Koh Larn) and the tiger zoo both will require a full day each if you want to enjoy them properly. Pattaya has plenty of quite good cheap hotels. It is very likely that you will save money if you make only a single return trip to Pattaya and stay there overnight instead of making two return trips on two successive days, even if this means not using your hotel rooms in Bangkok. In particular, a bit less hectic schedule will make it possible to save money by taking the bus to Pattaya.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,664 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 4D3N bangkok & pataya trip

Pattaya is over 2 hours away by bus. And 2 hours back! For only 3 days not a good use of your available time in Thailand. If you need to see a transvestite show maybe do the one in Bangkok. I have never had the need to see one myself - but there used to be a transvestite show in or near the Asia Hotel in Bangkok. Your hotel can advise you where to find one. Visit a local travel agency and see what tours they have available.

Good luck.

9. Re: 4D3N bangkok & pataya trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, June 26, 2014