We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

koh larn

Which Pattaya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
5 posts
Save Topic
koh larn

we are a couple in our 60s and want to spend a few nights in koh larn in november. we are looking for some where with a bar/restaurant or two nearbye which are open on a night. don`t need heavy night life or night clubs etc.. we would also like to be close to a beach. where would be the best place to stay

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,337 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: koh larn

Here is a link for Koh Larn. Some hotels are on it. Koh Larn you must reach by ferry ride or speed boat. Not a lot to do during the evening hours! Don't expect to walk out the door and visit a mall in a few minutes. Malls, most restaurants, street vendors, supermarkets and nightlife is in the Pattaya City area. You do not have to visit the nightlife if you don't want to. It is not compulsory and there is no one holding a gun to your head forcing you to enter!

http://kohlarn.com/

5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: koh larn

thanks for this. i didnt expect much night life on kho larn. i was just wanting somewhere where we could get a drink and meal on an evening nearbye. some of the places we have looked at on kho larn seem rather isolated with no restauarants or bars in walking distance and the main ferry port restaurants appear to shut at 6pm. we are staying in pattaya for two weeks and thought it would be nice to have two or three nights on a quiet island. certainly dont want shopping malls or night clubs etc.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: koh larn

Yes as Infidelal has said, not much going on, although further, had you thought of a couiple of nights on Koh Samet ? That makes a nice break during a stay in Pattaya, weekdays fairly quiet, weekends can be busy, Samet though would probably suit what you are looking for, although as sai, further from Pattaya

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,337 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: koh larn

" certainly dont want shopping malls or night clubs etc"

Malls have banks, restaurants, movie theaters, food courts and supermarkets. They have ice cream shops, newspapers and books, souvenir shops and even offer a place to cool off for a while.

You are not obligated to enter any nightclub or any kind of bar. I can't think of a single fancy nightclub that I have ever had a drink at in over a dozen years. But I have stopped in quite a few cheap beer bars! It is not unusual to see husband and wife and a kid or two sitting at an outside beer bar every now and then. For go-go bars you actually must enter the place to see something. So don't be afraid if you accidentally pass by a bar.

5 5 5 5

Up to you!

Khon Kaen, Thailand
Level Contributor
529 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: koh larn

Spending a few nights on Koh Larn?

You do realise that Koh Larn is a small island with 1 small village and that 95% of the tourists spend maximum 1 day (a few hours) on the island ....and with good reason.

I would suggest you stay a few nights on Koh Samet, just about 2hrs from Pattaya.

Or Koh Sri Racha for a day-trip.

Or Bang Saray for an day-trip.

Chang Noi

Bangkok
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: koh larn

If anyone famiIiar can help me,

(I posted the text below on another thread a little while ago. I noticed the traffic on this one was very recent, so forgive me for the unrelated content. I am trying to find out what services are offered at this particular massage shop in Pattaya and not because I am a confused person about what goes on in Pattaya. Just simply, if someone can answer the specific question below, as it involves me. Thx for any help.)

I am planning to visit Pattaya in June, '13. For my own reasons, what services are offered @ Siam Massage, Moo 10 South Pattaya Road, Nongprue, Banglabung, Chonburi 20260? Is this a legitimate foot massage/oil massage establishment?, or a happy ending place? Just need to know for my own reasons...Thanks for any input from any of you guys in the know.....Jeff

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,337 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: koh larn

Jeff.

In a short "walk and talk" you will find out everything you want in only a few minutes out of your first day in Pattaya.!

P.S. if you are afraid of being seen in "one of those places" get a massage in a window setting in a mall!

Worry about where to stay, how much money to have available, where to eat, etc.

8. Re: koh larn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, April 20, 2014