We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coral island Pattaya

Which Pattaya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
3 posts
Save Topic
Coral island Pattaya

Are senior citizens not allowed to go on the Coral Island tour? What if they are taken in a ferry and they just sit and relax at the beach.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coral island Pattaya

I have no knowledge of why seniors would not be allowed on a tour, who advised that ?

If you just want to stay at the beach you can get a return fare by ferry boat that takes you direct to beach in the morning and back in the afternoon for about THB 150 ( approx US$5 )

New Delhi, India
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Coral island Pattaya

Thank you for the guidance. Where do we get the ferry ticket from?

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
395 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coral island Pattaya

You go to Bali Hai Pier, at the end of Walking Street. You can also find a ferry at 30 baht person, one way. The 150 baht person you will find at the beginning of the pier, at the shops/kiosks. The 30 baht per person you will find at the end of the pier, at the ferries themselves. Have a great time.

New Delhi, India
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Coral island Pattaya

How far is it from LK Legend hotel in central Pattaya? How long will it take in a taxi? Are taxis easily available?

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,307 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Coral island Pattaya

The most common mode of transportation in Pattaya is a baht bus. The price is 10 baht per person on set routes. Read FAQ's on Pattaya transportation.

thailandessentials.com/pattaya-thailand/…

If this "Legend" below is your place you are closer to Sukhumvit than Pattaya Beach Road.

http://www.lklegend.com/index1.html

http://www.lklegend.com/

If you are staying at the "Beach Legend" you are closer to Pattaya Beach Road.

www.lklegend.com/legendbeach/location.php

My opinion, there are hotels more convenient for walking to many things. Most malls, nightlife, restaurants are on or not far from Sai Song and Pattaya Beach Road.

Walking Street is at the south end of Pattaya Beach Road. Pattaya Map link below, locate Beach Road and Walking Street.

thaiwaysmagazine.com/pattaya_map/pattaya_map…

There are a few taxis in Pattaya, see your hotel front desk. Most tourists and expats use the baht buses and change baht bus to change direction. You can ask a baht bus driver for a custom ride and pay a flat rate for all of you. But Walking Street does not normally allow vehicles - that is why they call it Walking Street. Early in the morning there is some exceptions for delivery vehicles. There may be some side street access - see map. (Bali Hai building used to have a ticket office just inside. Only 30 baht for ferry ride.)

If you are in Pattaya for only a couple days Koh Larn is a big time killer. You can also sit on Pattaya Beach on a beach chair you rent too. Maybe you would benefit from a organized tour if your old people can't walk much. Or just use Pattaya Beach.

(For the Legend places you will have to load the hotel/condo links and compare their map location against the Pattaya map.)

Edited: 10:24 pm, March 25, 2013
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
419 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Coral island Pattaya

very fine for senior will travel to Coral Island by ferry. LK Regent located at end of the soi if you not hire Taxi from hotel you have to walk out from inside to head of soi (Central Pattay Road) and then got the taxi from there to Bali Hai pier.But normally no taxi direct to Bali Hai pier.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coral island Pattaya

The B 30 ferry is the normal ferry but then to get to nice beach you need to take transport once there, the B 150 ferry return takes you 'direct' to beach areas

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Coral island Pattaya

Will glass bottom boat allow us to bring along wheelchair for senior citizen who can't walk for too long?

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Coral island Pattaya

I am going to stay at Royal Thai Pavilion Hotel at Jometein Beach, can someone guide me how can i reach Koh larn beach in pattaya.. i have 2 senior citizens and 1 kid + 2 adults with me.

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Coral island Pattaya

Word of caution regarding baht bus it is true that it usually costs 10 baht but have noticed they may ask more if you are a westerner thai people always get charged 10 baht foreigners another matter . Alot of things in Pattaya are like that they don't always have prices and they think we are all millionaires be warned .