We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Koh Phangan to Pattaya

Calgary, AB
Level Contributor
2,606 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Koh Phangan to Pattaya

Options to getting from Koh Phangan to Pattaya, please?

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,051 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Koh Phangan to Pattaya

You will have to go via Bangkok whatever way you choose:

Quickest would be to ferry to Koh Samui and fly to Bangkok, then bus/taxi to Pattaya

Otherwise you can overnight train from Surat Thani or Chumphon to Bangkok

or fly from Chumphon or Surat Thani to Bangkok

or overnight bus from Chumphon or Surat Thani to Bangkok

Calgary, AB
Level Contributor
2,606 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Koh Phangan to Pattaya

Thanks Cassnu!!

Calgary, AB
Level Contributor
2,606 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Koh Phangan to Pattaya

My daughter is in Koh Samui now...off to Koh Phangan from the 22-28. Then when they leave there they'd like a super fun busy party scene...would going to Pattaya be the right option? They'd like to stay put there for their last week before going back to Bangkok on the 8th to catch their flight early on the 9th. She had a friend suggest pattaya.

Hua Hin, Thailand
Level Contributor
187 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Koh Phangan to Pattaya

I would not recommend Pattaya for your daughter myself..Its more a male meat market type of group..Koh Samet or Khao San road would fit the bill better IMHO. Maybe Hua Hin its on the way and would be a nice pitstop half way to bangkok from Koh Phangan?

Calgary, AB
Level Contributor
2,606 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Koh Phangan to Pattaya

Thanks HuaHinJohn. Their first stop was a hotel on Khoa San Road and they disliked it a LOT...I'll tell her to look some more at Hua Hin, we did talk about that for her before she left. And I'll get her to look into Koh Samet as well. Again, thanks very much.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,051 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Koh Phangan to Pattaya

Koh Phangan and specifically Haad Rin Beach are where to head for the party scene, other than that I wouldn't be heading to Pattaya if I was here. Hua Hin is certainly not the place to head for partying. Koh Phi Phi would be a good place to head, but it's not on the way to Bangkok. Probably would advise to stay longer on Koh Phangan if that's what she's after.

Calgary, AB
Level Contributor
2,606 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Koh Phangan to Pattaya

Yeah they have 6 days booked on Koh Phangan for the moon party. But I've read it goes dead after the party people all leave. THey were going to go to Phi Phi so maybe I'll suggest that. Can you advise on getting there then back up to Bangkok?

Ahh well, she'll figure it out. I just thought I'd check here. Thanks all for the advice.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,051 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Koh Phangan to Pattaya

Haad Rin Beach never really goes dead, yes certainly quieter than during the FMP, but always a vibe going on. To get to Phi Phi they can either overland with ferry and bus connection (Lomprayah.com do this route and are very reliable), this takes the best part of a days travel, otherwise they can fly from Samui to Phuket direct then ferry over to Phi Phi. From Phuket they can then fly direct to Bangkok with one of the budget airlines.

Calgary, AB
Level Contributor
2,606 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Koh Phangan to Pattaya

Excellent thanks!

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Koh Phangan to Pattaya

Does not sound like they would appreciate Pattaya, if they just want to party perhaps stay around that area, Chaweng on Koh Samui or Patong on Phuket

But just in answer about transport, the fastest way from Koh Phangan to Pattaya would be ferry to Koh Samui and then non stop flight to Pattaya, from Koh Samui to Pattaya Airport is only about 55 minutes non stop with Bangkok Airways flights.