We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Don Muang Airport by bus to pattaya

Which Pattaya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Broadbeach...
1 post
Save Topic
Don Muang Airport by bus to pattaya

Will be arriving Don Mueang Airport , bangkok next week solo and need cheap transport to pattaya.(bus) Any recommendations please?

96 replies to this topic
Chiang Klang...
Level Contributor
902 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Don Muang Airport by bus to pattaya

Take the free shuttle bus to Morchit bts station. Don't get on a train but grab a taxi for a short ride to Morchit Mai bus terminal and get the bus from there.

Or

At Morchit bts ride the train to Ekkamai station. Ekkamai bus station is next to the train station. Buses run about every 30 minutes to Pattaya.

sydney
Level Contributor
389 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Don Muang Airport by bus to pattaya

I was not aware of a free shuttle bus between DM & Morchit BTS, good to know.

You would have to check their website but Bell Transport ran a bus from DM to S'varni airport to Pattaya. If they have ceased running from DM then you could take the free shuttle bus from DM to S'varni then take Bell Transport. That is if your arrival is during their timetable. You fail to state when your arriving. For all we know you could be arriving at 3am.

Of rubarabbit;s 2 options I would go with the latter.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Don Muang Airport by bus to pattaya

There is a bus from Don Muang Airport to pattaya

Departure from the Bangkok's Don Muang Airport to Pattaya daily (by direct expressway) at 09:00, 12:00, and 19:00. Duration +/- 2.5 hrs. Reservation: Thai limousine service, Thai Airways, arrival lounge, Bangkok Airport (Don Muang).

Fare : 280 baht

kolkata
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Don Muang Airport by bus to pattaya

i want to know the distance (km.) from dmk airport to pattya city.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,337 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Don Muang Airport by bus to pattaya

"i want to know the distance (km.) from dmk airport to pattya city."

Are you going to walk or ride a bicycle?

Figure on around 2 hours by taxi. Give or take a little for traffic. If you are playing with buses factor in some waiting around time and a little longer ride time wise. (Can't squish a big fat bus through narrow gaps like a taxi!)

Simple Google search for what it is worth:

distancesfrom.com/distance-from-Don-Muang-Ai…

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Don Muang Airport by bus to pattaya

How about from pattaya to Don Muang Airport? Also do you know what are the names of the buses?

Edited: 8:05 am, August 24, 2013
Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,337 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Don Muang Airport by bus to pattaya

"How about from pattaya to Don Muang Airport? Also do you know what are the names of the buses?"

You can find taxis beginning around 800-900 baht to get you to Bangkok. You pay the tolls. Same price for 4 people.

There are buses from the bus station on North Pattaya Road that go to Ekamai for around 124 baht. Skytrain to Mochit. Taxi to Don Muang.

It would cost you 10 baht to go from the dolphin turn-about to Pattaya bus terminal on North Pattaya Road. Familiarize yourself with the buses that leave that station. On Sukhumvit Road is another bus station. Buses go to Bangkok from there too. You can walk to this bus station from where Central meets Sukhumvit. From Sai Song to Sukhumvit Road - 10 baht using baht bus. (This is a busy highway be careful walking across the road!)

www.pattayabus.com/?page_id=1594&lang=en

Pull up a map of Pattaya and find these bus stations.

canada
Level Contributor
217 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Don Muang Airport by bus to pattaya

sorry to bump this up, but can someone elaborate on the FREE SHUTTLE from DM airport to Mo Chit BTS? where do i take this shuttle? what does it look like? How often does it come?

thanks,

Rødovre, Kobenhavn...
Level Contributor
5 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Don Muang Airport by bus to pattaya

Last week I took a bus from DMK to Mo Chit. It was not free but cost 30 baht which is practically free :)

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,337 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Don Muang Airport by bus to pattaya

"sorry to bump this up, but can someone elaborate on the FREE SHUTTLE from DM airport to Mo Chit BTS? where do i take this shuttle? what does it look like? How often does it come?"

The FREE shuttle connects Don Muang to Suvarnabhumi. Thirty baht is around a single US dollar.

What time will you need this bus? The FREE shuttle bus will take you to Suvarnabhumi but you must show your ticket. At Suvarnabhumi during day hours there is transportation by Bell Travel and by Bus 389 to Pattaya. Do a forum search for Bus 389 and Bell Travel.

Photo of bus on this forum link:

thaivisa.com/forum/…page-3

Reply to: Don Muang Airport by bus to pattaya
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted