We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying a cheap phone

Granger, In
Level Contributor
340 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Buying a cheap phone

I would like to buy a unlocked no frills phone first day in pattaya. I have read that you can buy them all over the place but wondering if there are places that can be more trusted thn others.

Chiang Klang...
Level Contributor
902 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying a cheap phone

You'd have few problems buying a cheap phone anywhere in the city. I'd stick to a well known brand though. All phones in Thailand are unlocked. Tukcom is the best known IT centre but there's no point in going there specially unless you're staying nearby.

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
7,660 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying a cheap phone

Tukcom is well worth a visit and will be floor of vendors selling mobiles both new and used.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,219 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying a cheap phone

I have cheap Nokia that I have used for several years without any real problems. I have dropped it, banged it when in my pocket and it still works!

Tukcom is a good place to head for. You can buy the minutes there too!

Tukcom is not too far from Friendship Supermarket, about where Soi Baukhaow ends.

Pattaya
Level Contributor
489 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying a cheap phone

Tukcom and Big C have all the phones you need. New phones starting at 450 THB.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
3,146 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buying a cheap phone

Got mine from Tesco Lotus only 490 Baht, No frills Samsung. I believe Big C does a similar phone at same price

Pattaya
Level Contributor
489 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buying a cheap phone

Sure, they have a Samsung Hero in Tukcom for 449 THB

www.tukcom.com :-)

Merseyside, United...
Level Contributor
1,098 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buying a cheap phone

Go to any of the big supermarkets Tesco Lotus or Big C you can get a decent mobile in either of these or in one of the Phone shops in the complex they are usually all situated in the same area i.e. Big C 2nd road on the upper floor at 2nd road end. there are also many in Central Festival but I'd think they'd cost more unless you want a very basic model, there is a large electrical retailer just oppersite the Apple shop at the beach road end which has a large range and very helpful staff, sorry forgotten the name.

My wifes family live just outside Pattaya and they are a bit wary of buying anything fromTukcom.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
419 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Buying a cheap phone

Wow.!!! KriskowDK .how aome you can buy Samsung Hero only THB449???

My sister just buy yesterday at Tukcom for THB790

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
507 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Buying a cheap phone

another vote for Tukcom (ตึกคอม) it's the great place for IT goods.

:):)

Granger, In
Level Contributor
340 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Buying a cheap phone

In pattaya now went to tuk