We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help me about Pattaya

Which Pattaya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
help me about Pattaya

i want to travel at Pattaya so i don't know at Pattaya have bus service same bangkok or not? from Pattaya bus station to beach i should use bus or taxi. and at Pattaya where i can come ? Thank so much? ^^

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,897 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help me about Pattaya

Hi,

There are frequent buses from the Ekkamai terminal in Bangkok to Pattaya. Once there get a taxi or songtaow to whichever beach you plan on going to.

Chiang Klang...
Level Contributor
902 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: help me about Pattaya

A songtaew is the most common typ of transport. Its a pickup truck with seats in the back. They operate on fixed routes at fixed fares (very cheap), or you can hire one like a taxi but you have to agree a fare before going anywhere. You'll find plenty of songtaews waiting at Pattaya bus station. The buses from Ekkamai bus station in Bangkok (next to Ekkamai BTS station) run to Pattaya about every 30 minutes.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,823 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: help me about Pattaya

From Pattaya bus station on North Pattaya Road you can hop on a parked baht bus that will take you to Beach Road for a flat 20 baht. Other moving baht buses you wave over and just hop on will cost 10 baht.

Know where you want to go, maybe pull up a map from your hotel website.

See Pattaya Beach Road and North Pattaya Road on this map. Then locate approximately where your hotel will be. Baht buses do set routes. Often you push buzzer and get off and walk to complete your ride or switch buses for a different direction. Price of only 10 baht is a good price for tourists to pay in Thailand.

thaiwaysmagazine.com/pattaya_map/pattaya_map…

Bus link.

www.pattayabus.com/?page_id=1559&lang=en

Cramlington...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help me about Pattaya

Get a taxi much quicker and far better all round and it will only be a 1000 batt

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,823 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: help me about Pattaya

"Get a taxi much quicker and far better all round and it will only be a 1000 batt..."

I think I would personally prefer something closer to a more normal 10 to 70 baht price range from the Pattaya bus station. Depends on where your hotel is in relation to the bus station. If you are going to a super expensive hotel in Jomtien maybe paying the $33 dollars (1000 baht) is okay with some people. But just heading to a cheap 500 baht to 1000 baht hotel a taxi fare of 1000 baht might be a little extravagant. If your hotel is off the regular bus routes it might be better to negotiate a ride with one of the "other" baht buses waiting at the curb area.

…flickr.com/158/389260187_892b420a24.jpg…

Unless you mean a taxi from Bangkok to Pattaya. At Pattaya bus station there are baht buses waiting for passengers but I never see any taxi cabs. Maybe on Pattaya Beach Road and Sai Song you will see taxis parked outside expensive malls.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
3,086 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: help me about Pattaya

Get a white van from Victory Monument only 97 Baht (100 Baht on some VM stands). I use them all the time they are quick, convenient, cheap and will drop you off anywhere down Sukhumvit Rd and finish the journey near Walking Street.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
45 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: help me about Pattaya

If u r looking for a ride from Bangkok airport to Pattaya hotel...u have a few options.what i recommend are:

1. Prebook a taxi. 1000bht. driver will wait for u at the airport and brings u straight to your hotel in pattaya. hassle free. You can google for Mr.T taxi. Highly reliable. the retn trip from pattaya to bangkok airport is 900bht.

2. You can google for Bell Travel Service. Once u have booked.. just go down to level 1 below the arrival hall. you will see the counter. scheduled bus at 2 hours interval. bus will bring you to the pattaya bus terminal and you will be transferred to your hotel in pattaya in a mini van. again..hassle free. the rate is 250bht now i am not not wrong. same rate for return trip. they will pick u up from your hotel to bus terminal and then you transfer to a bus back to the airport.

Hope this info helps.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
45 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: help me about Pattaya

If u r looking for a ride from Bangkok airport to Pattaya hotel...u have a few options.what i recommend are:

1. Prebook a taxi. 1000bht. driver will wait for u at the airport and brings u straight to your hotel in pattaya. hassle free. You can google for Mr.T taxi. Highly reliable. the retn trip from pattaya to bangkok airport is 900bht.

2. You can google for Bell Travel Service. Once u have booked.. just go down to level 1 below the arrival hall. you will see the counter. scheduled bus at 2 hours interval. bus will bring you to the pattaya bus terminal and you will be transferred to your hotel in pattaya in a mini van. again..hassle free. the rate is 250bht now i am not not wrong. same rate for return trip. they will pick u up from your hotel to bus terminal and then you transfer to a bus back to the airport.

Hope this info helps.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
45 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: help me about Pattaya

oh..may have misread your post. if you are looking to move around pattaya.. then take he baht bus. 10bht per person. they usually go around a particular route in circle. hard to get lost. if so.. just ask around to take another bus. after a couple of times.. it will be pretty simple.

just a note.. avoid taking tbose baht buses with no passenger. if they see you are a foreigner aka farang..they will ask you to pay a fix price of around 100bht.

10. Re: help me about Pattaya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 22, 2014