We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Banks

France
Level Contributor
277 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Banks

Please can someone advise me? I will be staying for 4 months in Pattaya and would like to know if its possible to rent a safety box in a bank ?

I would feel much better knowing my valuables are safe.

Thank you for any help,

Elizabeth

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,032 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Banks

Not so much a bank but there are a few private places renting safety boxes. Walking around Pattaya I come across these places every now and then. I think there is one on Soi Buakaow not far from where that road meets Soi Honey Inn.

If you are using a hotel for this 4 months your hotel will have safety boxes at the front desk or safes in the room. Even cheap hotels starting around 400 baht often have safety boxes at the front desk. You will probably be staying in a hotel for a few days at least until you sort out an apartment or long term hotel. This will give you time to look around. (The random guest you bring into your hotel room is more likely to steal your stuff than the hotel maid.)

If you plan on renting an apartment keep in mind that often you pay for your electricity, water maybe even your wifi connection too. There are cheap hotels that reduce prices for long term stays. They provide the electricity, hot water for showers, free wifi, free use of towels and linen change. You can leave the A/C on as long as you need and not worry about paying $5 extra that day.

If you have never been to Pattaya City before don't rent an apartment sight unseen. Stay in Pattaya City for a while and talk to other expats. There are some places so far from everything you would have to have motorcycle to get around or pay more for transportation just to get to a supermarket. In the city area local transportation is only 10 baht.

thaiwaysmagazine.com/pattaya_map/pattaya_map…

---

"I will be staying for 4 months in Pattaya...."

Do you have a visa that would allow you to stay for 4 months?

Merseyside, United...
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Banks

If you are staying in decent hotel, you'll find a safe in your room you can programme your own password, they arn't very large but you should be able to fit in all your documents and a laptop.

3. Re: Banks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, January 04, 2014