We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Room upgrade in Amari Ocean Tower

Which Pattaya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Room upgrade in Amari Ocean Tower

I've booked a room in the amari for 10 nights as a surprise for my wife's 40th. I booked with Thomas cook who only had the ocean deluxe room available when I thought as a treat it would be nice to stay in a junior suite. I have since contacted Amari CS who say I can upgrade at a cost of 3500thb/ £700.

Has anyone stayed who can advise if the upgrade is worth it. The CS stated you also get access to a club? Is it worth going at all?

Thanks for any replies.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Room upgrade in Amari Ocean Tower

I've stayed in both the deluxe and junior suite rooms at the Ocean Tower. The junior suites are nice and have lovely views out over the bay, but I don't think they are worth the extra Bt. 3,500 a night you were quoted. I'd second the recommendation of the mantra experience tasting dinner for your wife's birthday. If you ask the hotel to make the reservation for you and tell them the reason I'm sure they will make an extra-special effort for the night.

Have a great trip!

12. Re: Room upgrade in Amari Ocean Tower

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, January 03, 2014