We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
206 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay

Looking for places to stay on the beach from January 7-10, 2013. We will be a group of 11 and will need 6 rooms. The group is not looking for the "party" scene, would prefer something more out of the way and quieter but still on the beach and around $125.00 US a night. Our group understands it is high season but are hoping to find something since our stay is mid-week.

Our group consists of 5 young adults, 20-30 years old and 6 older adults. Several members of the group have traveled to Thailand before.

Hamzy

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,664 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay

This is this $125 per room and not for everyone - right? Big groups are always hard to find rooms for during high season unless you use more than one hotel. A couple hotels close together might work too. Maybe the younger tourists would prefer to be in a more lively part of town and leave the old people out in the sticks.

If you want to be more secluded away from things maybe Centara in Naklua area. But also consider Siam Bayview. The old people can hang around the hotel and the active people can walk to nearby malls, restaurants, etc.

(There are rooms you can get with A/C, private toilet, TV and maid clean up even around $20 per night.)

Map.

thaiwaysmagazine.com/pattaya_map/pattaya_map…

Bangkok, Thailand
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay

From your criteria I recommend you have a look at the Sheraton or Royal Cliff Hotels. I have stayed at both and they have their own private beach. The hotels are located in the quiet side of Pattaya on a hilltop.

Hope this helps your decision.

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay

at this price for sure u can get a very nice hotel, agoda.com, booking. com, and here there is a top of the hotels somewhere on the tripadvisor site. probably u should hurry.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay

I would suggest the Marriott Pattaya Beach. This hotel is right about in the middle of everything, you have the entertainment district "Walking Street" about 10 minutes walk to the south. It is connected to The Royal Garden mall, and the Central Festival Mall is about 15 minutes Walk to the north. The Marriott Pattaya beach, has a large swimming pool with swim up bar, god sized rooms and they are guest friendly. I stay there every year; close enough to all the action, but far enough away so things are quiet at night. Also there is access to the hotel from both the beach road and 2nd road.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
206 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay

Thank you all for the suggestions. I will look at them all.

Hamzy

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay

Along beach Road also look at Siam Bayview, good value and location but quite busy , reasonable in price

Queiter and north from center Bella Villa Cabana is an option also, but there are so many choices :)

7. Re: Where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, December 14, 2013