We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Ireland
4 posts
Save Topic
Pattaya to Trat/Laem Ngop

Hey,

Can anyone tell me if theres a direct bus from pattaya to Trat or Laem Ngop. I am going to spend a few days in Ko Chang

Thanks

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
16,014 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pattaya to Trat/Laem Ngop

There is a bus station on Sukhumvit not far from where Central meets Sukhumvit Road. If I have it right a bus stops out front on the street to pick up passengers for Trat.

This bus does not seem to be run out of that bus station. I got my info from a friendly lady running the little store at the bus station. She wrote the times down for me, that sheet is in Bangkok and I am not! The clerks at the bus station window were no help.

So is it worth 10 baht up and 10 baht back to check this info out? Up to you! It was about 4 weeks ago that I was checking on this but didn't take the bus.

Level Contributor
1,039 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pattaya to Trat/Laem Ngop

From Pattaya you have some minibus going to Trat, usually for made a visa, but you can use it, about 400 bahts. It have also local bus, price under 100 bahts, but you have to check the departures time there. You have also a package with transfer and hotel direct from Pattaya, ask local agency.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
18 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pattaya to Trat/Laem Ngop

To my knowledge, there is only one daily departure(except for the minibuses)directly from Pattaya to Trad. This bus is coming from Bangkok and stops on the Sukumwit around 6 or 7AM. All the express-buses from BKK to Trad use the new motorway, so you have to go up to the busstation in Chonburi if you want to use them. The other option is to take the public bus to Rayong, a new bus to Chantaburi and then change for the bus to Trad (this bus is often one of the express-buses from BKK). The journey should take you between four ned five hours and cost you apx 200 bath.

Ireland
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Pattaya to Trat/Laem Ngop

Thanks for your help - i've hired a bus for tomorrow morn - missed it this morn.

can you advise of any good accommodation - no shared bathrooms, aircon and not expensive.

Thanks