We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP!!! where to stay in Pattaya. October 2012 trip

Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
HELP!!! where to stay in Pattaya. October 2012 trip

Hi,

My partner and i will be staying in Pattaya for three nights in October. Its September and i still haven't booked as i still don't know where to stay!!!

We are not worried about spending money for luxury.

We aren't really interested in heading down to the main walking strip. Just want to relax, eat, drink and enjoy the sun.

The Hilton and The Royal Cliff stand out the most. I'm a bit more towards the Hilton. Its modern and i have read that the Royal is a bit out dated but it still looks amazing. CONFUSED?!?!

I would really appreciate your opinions and reviews on both hotels.

Thanks heaps

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,477 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP!!! where to stay in Pattaya. October 2012 trip

From the Hilton you can walk to many things on the "spur of the moment!"

There is a big mall next door with several restaurants, food courts, supermarket and even a modern movie theater.

Walk to other malls, restaurants, street vendors and even nightlife - or ignore it! Or use cheap 10 baht transportation.

Royal Cliff, nice place, off the beaten track. See map.

thaiwaysmagazine.com/pattaya_map/pattaya_map…

Up to you.

Edited: 9:04 pm, September 10, 2012
Merseyside, United...
Level Contributor
1,116 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP!!! where to stay in Pattaya. October 2012 trip

Have a look at the Dusit, its a lot older than the Hilton but its in the best position in the whole of Pattaya and has fine grounds and gardens. Rooms are a little small due to its age as are bathrooms but if you want to spend a little more for luxury they have a number of differant suites, if you don't want to stay on the sea there is a Dusit D2 right in the center of town

dusit.com/dusit-thani/dusit-thani-pattaya.ht…

We wouldn't stay anywhere else, the Royal Cliff is way out of town so you'll need to use taxis to get around and the Hilton as nice as it it is built on top of the large shopping complex.

Trang, Thailand
Level Contributor
29 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP!!! where to stay in Pattaya. October 2012 trip

I ever been to grand heritage beach resort and spa ...it is calm and near to the beach ...very big size of swimming pool and restaurant near the beach ..

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
94 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HELP!!! where to stay in Pattaya. October 2012 trip

Hi, the pullman pattaya on wong amart beach is lovely, away from the hustle and bustle and set on a nice beach. Nice places to eat near by and if you want to get to walking street, beach road areas walk to top of road and get on a baht bus, or 150 to 200 baht in a taxi. it is a lovely hotel and staff amazing.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,477 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: HELP!!! where to stay in Pattaya. October 2012 trip

You only have three nights. You can choose a hotel that is a little more remote like the Jomtien area or Naklua or have a hotel where you can walk out the door and be be somewhere in a few minutes. If you intend to actually hang around the hotel most of the time for three days and nights then I suppose anywhere would be okay.

Up to you!

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
3,097 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: HELP!!! where to stay in Pattaya. October 2012 trip

I booked Baipho for my October visit.

tripadvisor.in/Hotel_Review-g297930-d729556-…

Edited: 9:46 am, September 12, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: HELP!!! where to stay in Pattaya. October 2012 trip

thank you so much for all your replies!

Sorry for the late response! i have not been on due to work.

Thank you once again =)

8. Re: HELP!!! where to stay in Pattaya. October 2012 trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, September 15, 2013