We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Hotel have the best bathroom??

Which Pattaya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
4 posts
Save Topic
Which Hotel have the best bathroom??

Hi.. i'm planning my honeymoon in July & my female travel agent fd recommend me Pattaya, for beach, nightlife and good hotel in low price. Since my gal put nice room top priority, so I'm budget US$200 / nite for upgarde room.. and the most important is a large and impressive bathroom (she spends 3hr/day in bathroom). Any suggestion?

Other considerations are: close to beach (direct beach access will be great since she doesn't like public changing room), cheap-good food (not much budget left), and nightlive (late night market & boring *_^ clubbing etc)

My fav is Suite in Bayshore - my guess it the peir is in walking distance.. and maybe it's close to beach (not sure about direct access).. but my gal think the room from photos in their website look "boring".. I check Royal Cliff (Grand Rm) but seem like it's far from everything... for Sheration I heard someone say the Delux Pavilion room have its in-room pool.. but from their website it's only for the US$800 room... plus it's far... I heard people saying Dusit etc.. Anyone been these (or other) hotels and can give me some recommendation?? Million thanks !!!

Level Contributor
1,032 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Hotel have the best bathroom??

For me the best bathroom are the large bathroom of the Sugar Hut bungalow, but is not right on the beach. The pavillon room in Sheraton ( about 200 USD) offer a view of the sky from the bath. Some bathroom of the Rabbit offer outside balinese shower. Usually resort hotel don't have nice bathroom like city hotel, for example the wonderful bathroom of the Peninsula Bangkok. In Pattaya some "standard hotel" like Welcome plaza, Royal Twin, Royal Century or Royal cruise (the captain suite) offer luxury bath, even with private sauna for about150-200 USD but you have to check right there. Siam Bayshore is a good location for eating in the "Walking street" restaurants but is dating from 1976 and last renovation dating from 2000. For example i stay in a large suite in Welcome Plaza, second road, one room,one living room and a extra large terrace and it have 2 bathroom with circular bath for about 150 USD.

Vancouver
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Hotel have the best bathroom??

Thanks for the info... Too bad my gal doesn't like bungalow...

I look at the hotel you recommend.. of the A-One Royal Cruise, I don't see any "Captain Suites".. is it the "Royal Suites" or the "Mini Suites" ???

Thanks !!!

UK
Level Contributor
923 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Hotel have the best bathroom??

Sorry to any Pattaya fans, who I am sure will point out the upsides to this resort, but have you really looked into the merits of Pattaya as a honeymoon destination? It has a lot of girly bars (and nightlife centres around these bars) and we found it really to be quite tacky.

At that time of year, if you are looking for somewhere that is still lively, you could check out Hua Hin and Ko Samui which, imo, are perhaps a little bit more suitable. If your travel agent does not list hotels in these areas, I would check out another travel agent.

Perhaps do a search for comments on Pattaya in the Thailand forums generally for some other reviews and perhaps alternative views to mine too so that if you do book to go to Pattaya, you do at least do so with the full picture.

BB

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
18 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Hotel have the best bathroom??

I have to agree with BB. I can’t understand why your travel agent would suggest Pattaya for your honeymoon. I think Koh Samui is a far better option. Not a big fan of Hua Hin though.

Chaweng Beach at Koh Samui offers everything you ask for; luxury hotels and bungalows right on the beach, clean water and nice beaches (the beaches in and around Pattaya are crap), plenty of good restaurants and bars.

Goole, United...
Level Contributor
1,942 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Hotel have the best bathroom??

I also agree with above posters.Quite a number of years since i went to Pattaya(was single then)but haven't returned since as it is too busy for us i believe as a couple.(Bangkok is hectic enough for us for a couple of days.)

I had read somewhere that it's image was been cleaned up,and if we visited i'm sure we would probably enjoy,however i feel that for a honeymoon there are nicer places in Thailand to stay.

We absolutely adore Krabi,Phuket and Phi-Phi(honeymooned there)So i,m biased,sorry.

BB is also planning their honeymoon (Hi BB),and has given really good advice to potential honeymooners.

(i vote BB as honeymoon Expert!!)

Wherever you decide on,wishing you a fabulous time.

UK
Level Contributor
923 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Hotel have the best bathroom??

Thanks Tiffin :) - I am just obsessive-compulsive about planning, have read every review on every hotel going...DH-to-be is sick to the back teeth of talking about Thailand and honeymoons so I am banished to this board...

I LOVE Krabi - would definitely choose that for my honeymoon location if the weather was good in July but there is that risk of rain...

fatxx - I would definitely put Samui over Hua Hin as well - but if you want to drive from Bangkok to a resort rather than fly than Hua Hin is the best bet.

Lahore, Pakistan
Level Contributor
137 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Hotel have the best bathroom??

Pattaya is a terrible place, even more for honeymooners. So reconsider your idea. I went there on 6th april and it was so awful that i ran away next day. it is very smelly there, beach is full of local prostitutes.

Goole, United...
Level Contributor
1,942 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Hotel have the best bathroom??

Your welcome BB.

That makes two of us then,as i have the travel bug real bad,and only recently got internet access so i can get my fix.Hubby thinks i've got somat missing as i've always had my head in some kind of travel brochure.(he never complains when i say where i've booked us for hols though funnily enough)At least they're not strewn all over the house now.

He,s less affected by my condition these days,as he has full control of the t.v.remote while i,m on here,lol!!

Fatxx,There are some beautiful hotels on Samui for a honeymoon,i,m sure if you have a look,there will be one that appeals to you,and if you post with a choice you,ll get tons of helpful replies.Good luck.

Seattle
Level Contributor
19 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which Hotel have the best bathroom??

I would have to say the Dusit looks like a very nice hotel, and it is located at the North part of Pattaya, in fact there is another one a little closer to the beach called the Amari Orchid which also looks like a great place. As far as nightlife goes, pretty much any place you stay has nightlife right outside it's doors. Pattaya is filled with nightlife, it just depends on what you want. I will point out that Pattaya is not as bad as some say when it comes to the girls and such. I have seen plenty of couples here on holiday etc.. and they seem to be doing just fine. I think you just have to keep an open mind and understand that this is the way things are in Thailand and enjoy yourself. I will also point out that Pattaya is very hot and humid so prep time in the bathroom is pretty much wasted when you step outside in the heat.

Vancouver
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Which Hotel have the best bathroom??

^_^ thanks for all your advices!! I just check the hotels in Hua Hin.. wooo!! nearly all hotel is right on the beach!!

Is Hua Hin very quite at nite?? My gal usually wake up at 6pm so nightlife is important. Oh, she doesn't like pub, more interested in eating / shopping in place like night market 2am in the morning etc.. That's why my female fd recommend me Pattaya in beginning and rule out Phuket/Phi-Phi... plus my gal dones't like flying at all. So my choice now down to Pattaya & Hua Hin...

One thing interested me is, most of our female Asian fds don't worry much about prostitutes in Pattaya ... maybe it's a culture thing, as seem to me Asia countries has very hash law again drugs (including marijuana) but prostitutes is more toleranced; while in N.America it's the other way around...