We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overland Pattaya to Siem Reap (vice versa)

Which Pattaya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Medan, Indonesia
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Overland Pattaya to Siem Reap (vice versa)

Dear traveler,

We'll be going to Pattaya in next few months but still wondering how to go to Siem Reap or vice versa by public transportation. Or is it better if we should hire a private car? We are three people though. Is it possible to be arrived both of those places before dark? Will somebody describe the detail of which bus or assuming the better value to the cost and the schedule? We're budget travelers, so the cheaper it goes, the better it comes.

Sorry for my not so good English. Any response will be highly appreciated. Thanks anyway.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
894 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overland Pattaya to Siem Reap (vice versa)

Hi, we did this trip in january by taxi, the taxi picked us up at our hotel at 7 30am and we arrived at the border at 11 00am, we had pre booked a taxi from poipet the border for 11 30am, time we got through customs it was 12 00am, the rep from the taxi company was waiting for us on the thai side of the border and told us where to go through customs, then a bus takes you to a taxi-bus station about 2 miles inside cambodia and thats where we got into our taxi, it then takes about 2 hours to get to siem reap, it cost us baht3500 to the border and 45dollars to seim reap, you can do it for cheaper there are lots of travel agents in pattaya who run mini buses to siem reap but it takes longer, hope this helps.

Medan, Indonesia
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Overland Pattaya to Siem Reap (vice versa)

Hi skimybear thanks for your advice.

Medan, Indonesia
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Overland Pattaya to Siem Reap (vice versa)

bum for another option

Siem Reap, Takev...
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Overland Pattaya to Siem Reap (vice versa)

I've done this trip by public bus and wrote about the trip in more detail on www.siemreap-cambodia.net

You can do it in one day, long day though

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Overland Pattaya to Siem Reap (vice versa)

hi, i am going to pattaya within next few months. some questions: you mentioned "the rep from the taxi company was waiting for us on the thai side of the border and told us where to go through customs, then a bus takes you to a taxi-bus station about 2 miles inside cambodia and thats where we got into our taxi", how did rep know you coming, did they carry a sign? how did u know it is a right pre-arranged bus at cambodia side? how did you meet yor taxi at cambodia? since there are many touts around the boarder, i just want to know if it is possible to pre arrange everything, so you don't have to deal with touts. thx.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
894 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Overland Pattaya to Siem Reap (vice versa)

Hi,our hotel in seim reap booked the taxi for us(Terrasse des elephants) they told us to phone the number they gave us 30 minutes before we reached Poipet, when we reached Poipet we phoned again and he met us at the thai border passport office, he was very helpfull in getting us through the border, making sure nobody bothered us or scammed us, once through customs cambodia side he took us to a coach that waits until it's full and took us to the bus/taxi station about 2 miles inside cambodia, there he put us into a taxi to seim reap. Poipet has a few scams going on there and a lot of tourists didn't have a clue were they were going or supposed to go, so allthough we paid a bit extra, i'm so glad we did, cos the rep was a great help.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
518 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Overland Pattaya to Siem Reap (vice versa)

HGi skimbear

Was just wondering how much the Taxi cost you to Siem Reap.

Thanks Chrissy

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
894 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Overland Pattaya to Siem Reap (vice versa)

cost baht 3000 from pattaya to poipet, gave the driver 500 tip because he brought us food and drinks in his taxi, and 40 dollars plus 5 dollar tip, from poipet to siem reap.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
518 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Overland Pattaya to Siem Reap (vice versa)

Thanks for that skimybear.

Chrissy

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
17 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Overland Pattaya to Siem Reap (vice versa)

Hi, we just did this trip during last week of January 2013 by private car booked from P.T. Taxi Service. Price for this journey only 2700 baht.The Innova picked us up at our hotel in Pattaya at around 7:40am and we arrived Aranyaprathet, at the border at 11:15am.

I had pre booked a car from Mr. Buntey Tun (recomended at Tripadvisor) for the journey from poipet to Siem Reap hotel and it cost us 50 USD. I know we could get taxi cheaper than that but for the first time traveller to Siem Reap, I was confused at that time. But Mr. Buntey was so polite and punctual and he was waiting for us with my name in a paper from 11:30 am at the outside of the Cambodian Immigration office.

The whole process of Thailand exit and Cambodia entry took hardly 40 minutes.

After meeting with Mr. Buntey, he guided us towards a free van/shuttle bus which took us to the taxi/bus station where our car was waiting for. The journey to Poipet to Siem Reap hotel takes about 2 hours. We reached our hotel at around 2:45 pm.

From Siem Reap to Poipet return journey, we booked a taxi and it cost us only 35 USD.

The border cross experience was not good at this time. The whole exit and entry process took around 2 and half hours.

From Aranyaprathet, we booked a taxi for the journey to Bangkok hotel from the Taxi booth and it cost us 1900 baht.

Regarding touts, just ignore them or say firmly No, It works.

Thanks