We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pattay for a honeymoon - Dusit Resort.

Northern Ireland
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Pattay for a honeymoon - Dusit Resort.

Hi We are due to go to the Dusit resort in May 2006. I've heard nothing but glowing reports for the hotel but the resort itself seems hghly unappealing. Has amyone got any tips for day trips and does the hotel arrange day trips or otherwise?

bulgaria
6 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Pattay for a honeymoon - Dusit Resort.

Hello Andy,

thanks for your reply. you really calmed me down,as far as the weather is concerned,i've lived in india for almost half my life,and when i hear rainy season,i think MONSOONS,hehe...my aunt stayed at the long beach,and she said she was quite satisfied,but i wanted to get some more opinions, and since it will be off season,we pay for 10 nights, and stay 14 nights- i.e.47,000 THAI BAHT, do you think its a good deal?If we take an airconditioned bus from bankok to the hotel in pattaya,there shouldnt be a problem getting lost,what do you say,we fly sofia frankfurt,frankfurt bankok,and then with a tourist bus to pattaya....going throught the hotels on the net,i quite liked the hard rock hotel,but know nothing about it...if someone does,let me know, otherwise its long beach:)))thanks in advance

bulgaria
6 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Pattay for a honeymoon - Dusit Resort.

Hello Andy,

thanks for your reply. you really calmed me down,as far as the weather is concerned,i've lived in india for almost half my life,and when i hear rainy season,i think MONSOONS,hehe...my aunt stayed at the long beach,and she said she was quite satisfied,but i wanted to get some more opinions, and since it will be off season,we pay for 10 nights, and stay 14 nights- i.e.47,000 THAI BAHT, do you think its a good deal?If we take an airconditioned bus from bankok to the hotel in pattaya,there shouldnt be a problem getting lost,what do you say,we fly sofia frankfurt,frankfurt bankok,and then with a tourist bus to pattaya....going throught the hotels on the net,i quite liked the hard rock hotel,but know nothing about it...if someone does,let me know, otherwise its long beach:)))thanks in advance

OC
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Pattay for a honeymoon - Dusit Resort.

Just like the message posted, I would not go to Pattaya for a honeymoon...or anything. We were there 10 days ago. For about $150usd you can fly r/t to Phuket and stay at the Patong Merlin for about $80usd. Wonderful hotel, across street from beach and walking distance to everything. I would say a solid 4+ star. In Patong, you have nightlife, great food, shopping, scenery and freak shows. We felt very safe and were never bothered by anyone, even into the early morning hours. One night in Pattaya made us wish we'd stayed in Patong or Samui an additional night. Trash-town.

Pattaya, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,053 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Pattay for a honeymoon - Dusit Resort.

boriano - even better news as I may have misled you - I think your hotel is the "long beach garden hotel" not the "long beach hotel". I was describing the latter which we only paid B1000 a night for so when I saw you were paying B3000 plus a night I was a bit surprised - but I found your hotel and exactly the offer you decribe. It's a much better hotel, on the beach I think and set in large grounds, and might even be worth plus B3000 a night - I don't like to pay above B800 in Pattaya!

It still may be tricky to get to though - yes you get the bus to pattaya OK, but then when you alight transport to hotels is via a waiting collection of baht buses, who like to get pretty full before they set off - your hotel isn't on one of the natural routes so it may test your bargaining powers! Actually the issue of transfer from the bus station to hotels is one of the few really unsatisfatory things about going to Pattaya - it seems to be pretty stitched up by the local mafia and it is quite easy to end up paying more for say a 3 or 4 mile transfer from the bus station to your hotel than for the entire transfer from bangkok to pattaya.

Pattaya, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,053 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Pattay for a honeymoon - Dusit Resort.

sorry should have added - the hard rock is a pretty nice hotel, located more toward the middle of Pattaya. It's got all the pop memorabilia dotted about, has a super swimming pool and a nice little fitness centre.

I've never stayed there needless to say but often stay next door and wander through it - the thing I don't like about it is the tendency to charge you extra for use of hotel facilities eg the internet is charged at B200 an hour

Myanmar
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Pattay for a honeymoon - Dusit Resort.

Hard Rock Hotel - Its the best in Pattaya and has just won Hard Rock Hotel of the year for all the HArd Rocks in the World-

Excellent fun hotel , stayed lots of times ,10/10 everytime