We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok Pattaya & krabi

Which Pattaya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
northern ireland
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bangkok Pattaya & krabi

Hi all,

Need some help, my husband and I have been to Thailand twice, both times to Bangkok 3 nights and Patong. 11 nights. We really liked patong but now think that we should go somewhere else. We are thinking of bangkok for 3 days, pattaya for 5 days and krabi for 6 days. is 5 days in pattaya too long/not enough and same for krabi. We both like night life and like to people watch, would krabi be too quiet? any advice would help. thanks

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
160 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangkok Pattaya & krabi

I would say that Pattaya is a larger version of Pattong. Walking Street is a larger version of Bangla Road. The advantages of Pattaya are that prices are generally cheaper that anywhere in Phuket, you do not have an extra flight from Bangkok, it is an hour or so taxi ride and finally the Baht bus is cheaper than the Pattong Tuc Tucs.

If you enjoyed Pattong you should enjoy Pattaya and will wish you were spending more time there. The only down side to Pattaya is the beach quality and Phucket beats it comfortably there.

I have never been to Krabi.

I hope this assists.

Doncaster UK
Level Contributor
196 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangkok Pattaya & krabi

Hi Evie

We also like Patong and would also recommend Pattaya to anyone.

We have only visited Krabi once (2 days only) whilst staying in Phuket, we found it very quiet so were glad we didn't stay any longer (just a personal thing but we also like a lively resort but where we can also sit at a bar and watch the world go by).

If you wanted to do 2 centre have you thought of Hua Hin. we did a week in each once and all enjoyed it. Hua Hin is quiet compared to Patong and Pattaya but certainly not as quiet as Krabi.

Chris

northern ireland
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangkok Pattaya & krabi

hi, thanks for you comments, I might reconsider staying in pattaya longer and maybe see the surrounding areas and beaches there. I only thought of krabi because it has access to other islands for day trips. Is there islands nearby pattaya that we can visit?

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
8 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bangkok Pattaya & krabi

Hi, koh Lahn is only a short ferry ride away and easy to get to from the pier at the end of walking street. If you want somewhere to stay and take a break away from Pattaya you could try koh Samet

5. Re: Bangkok Pattaya & krabi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 am, December 16, 2013