We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do you need jabs to visit pattaya

Ireland
8 posts
Save Topic
Do you need jabs to visit pattaya

Just wondering if jabs are recommended for a 2 week trip to pattaya?...if so does anyone know how much they cost in ireland

Thanks

Bangkok
Level Contributor
424 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do you need jabs to visit pattaya

Around 400 GBP !!!

You can find nice hotel under 1500 Baht per room for more than 1 weeks stay, 500 Baht is pretty generous for normal food outside hotel for a day. Then, your total cost is about 2,000 Baht per day, 14 days will be 28,000 Baht. Now the exchange around 70Baht to 1 Pound.

Pattaya, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,053 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Do you need jabs to visit pattaya

not necessary other than for peace of mind

England
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do you need jabs to visit pattaya

We didn't bother, and were told not to worry, unless you plan to go on trips into the Jungle areas. Built up cities such as Pattay and Bangkok are low risk.

Sacramento, CA
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
Level Contributor
4,160 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do you need jabs to visit pattaya

What the heck are you talking about?

Scotland
Level Contributor
233 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do you need jabs to visit pattaya

We had to get jabs. Hepititus, Diptheria and Tetenus I think it was. There is no way I would go without them. The Hepititus I think lasts for 10 years as long as you get your second one after 6 months. We filled in a holiday/travel form that we got from the health centre and they kept us right, but it is best done 8 weeks before you travel. Don't know about Ireland but we are in Scotland and i'm sure we didn't have to pay.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do you need jabs to visit pattaya

Check with your local medical center and ask them for the recommendations, they are the experts.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
4,033 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Do you need jabs to visit pattaya

More people get jabs when they return from Pattaya than before they go!

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
125 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Do you need jabs to visit pattaya

We were in Thailand Jan/ feb this year. No jungle areas just Phuket, Krabi, Koh Ngai, Bangkok, Samui and Kanchanaburi. Our UK doctor gave us Hep. A combined with Thypoid. Polio, Diptheria and Tetanus. We had no ill effects from any of the jabs. They were not expensive bu can't remember the cost.

Swansea
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Do you need jabs to visit pattaya

I would reccomend having hepititus, tetnus, polio just for piece of mind