We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

joiner fee at a respectable hotel???

turkey
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
joiner fee at a respectable hotel???

hi there,i will be at pattaya btw 14-22 june and looking for a decent hotel(i can pay around 50 usd/night)to stay..cleanness is my first priority and secondly i do not want to pay any joiner fees as i am going to stay at a room by myself(this part is really funny though if you go with a white female no problems but if thai, they charge money for that)i will be delighted and really apreciate if anyone can help me about that..thanks in advance...

Level Contributor
1,050 posts
32 reviews
1. Re: joiner fee at a respectable hotel???

In Pattaya most hotels under 100 USD don't have joiner fee or book a double room you usually don't have problem, on the 50 USD category, most hotels on soi 13, Ma maison, Inn House, Sandy Spring, The haven, dynasty Inn. On the end of walking street Windy Inn.

Also all eastinny and Flipper Hotels, most are located on the busy soi 7-8.

If you want to check the joiner fee of the hotel

http://pattayaone.com/hotelsliste1.html

Belgium
Level Contributor
617 posts
31 reviews
2. Re: joiner fee at a respectable hotel???

If you have no intention of bringing back a girl to your room, the joiner fee shouldn't be a concern for you. You might actually rather concider a hotel where a joiner fee is charged for bringing back girls. There are more then enough hotels in the 50$ price range that would accomodate you. It just depends on what location you need.

Chonburi
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
3. Re: joiner fee at a respectable hotel???

Isn't this an oxymoron??/

How can you be respectable AND demand a joiner fee??

London, United...
Level Contributor
366 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: joiner fee at a respectable hotel???

if your on a limited budget try the odd knee trembler!!!!!!!!

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
18,726 posts
5. Re: joiner fee at a respectable hotel???

Try this place.

http://www.arecalodge.com/

"...i am going to stay at a room by myself(this part is really funny...." Yep, sure is!

I usually find it is the cheap hotels that don't charge a "joiner" fee!

Paying a "joiner" fee is usually an option at expensive places anyway (over $50 is expensive for Pattaya.) If you don't bring a girl in you don't pay anything extra!

Hotels cheaper than your $50 range aren't too bad. Check out a few lower priced places for next time - remember usually no "joiner" fee for cheaper places!

In the cheap places I prefer a tile floor to a ratty old carpet. Cheap places, even when only around 400 baht, will have air, hot water, private toilet/shower, cable TV, safety box storage and maid service.

Good luck.

stalybridge uk
Level Contributor
456 posts
29 reviews
6. Re: joiner fee at a respectable hotel???

stayed at the areca lodge several times ,value for money ,2 pools ,great staff, central location.What more can you ask for

turkey
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: joiner fee at a respectable hotel???

thank you all for your valuable information...i think i will check arecalodge and lk metropole...both seems fine on the internet....

Leicester
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: joiner fee at a respectable hotel???

Areca lodge is a great hotel in a great location. I have stayed there manay times but you can get to familiar with one place so this time Sat 27 September we are booked in to Opey DePlace on Soi Lenky. Which is not far from the Areca. 690Bht for a standard room with no joiner fee. Will let you know how it goes

9. Re: joiner fee at a respectable hotel???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:21 pm, September 28, 2009