We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zign Hotel and surrounding area

England
Level Contributor
124 posts
Save Topic
Zign Hotel and surrounding area

Has anyone been to this hotel or the area near by? How far out of town is it? Is it easy to get a bus from here? Is the beach nice? Is there anything nearby such as bars or restaurants?

Any comments regarding this would really be appreciated. I am looking for a hotel in a quiet area but easy to get into town.

Many thanks

Level Contributor
1,039 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zign Hotel and surrounding area

The best quiet hotel are Rabbit, right on the beach in Jomtien and the Sugar Hut, on the hill, and you have many bahtbus to reach the center.

England
Level Contributor
124 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Zign Hotel and surrounding area

Thanks for the recomendations, but i really like the look of the Zign, do you know how far away it is from bars and restaurants?

bangkok
Level Contributor
312 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Zign Hotel and surrounding area

Hi, I know here is newly hotel in North Pattaya.I not know Moods Restuarant at hotel look good.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
409 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Zign Hotel and surrounding area

you can walk about 5-10 mins to beach.some restaurants nearby.

Or you can take a car about 5 mins to Loma Circle for shopping.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
16,034 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Zign Hotel and surrounding area

Zign Hotel is in a quiet area looking at the map. If Pattaya was a banana Naklua would be at the pointy North end. This Hotel is at the North End of Pattaya Beach. One advantage is that the water may be clean enough to swim in in that location. Pattaya Beach, a little further South, is good for walking, shopping, sunbathing and eating but foreigners don't swim there. Naklua might be okay.

Because you are off the beaten path, sometimes you may be at the mercy of rip-off baht bus drivers or you have to walk a bit to get cheaper transportation. Normal baht bus transportation is 10 baht for foreigners. This hotel, my opinion, seems like they are marketing toward women more than men.

(A baht bus is the normal transportation, along with motorcycle taxis, it is a truck with seats in the back. They run a set route. You wave them down, hop on and push a button/buzzer when you want to get off - pay 10 baht. If you tell the driver where to go then you pay a custom ride. Drivers picking up at expensive hotels figure you can afford to pay a lot more!)

Hotel looks nice on paper, think I walked by there once or twice on hikes. For me I like the hustle and bustle of a more central location. Google up Marriott Hotel, Pattaya for a hotel in the same price range and more central.

Good luck.

England
Level Contributor
124 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Zign Hotel and surrounding area

Thanks for all your comments, does anyone know how far away it is from Central pattaya and how long it will take??

Many Thanks

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Zign Hotel and surrounding area

I think Pimilan is going down to have a look for us.

Level Contributor
1,039 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Zign Hotel and surrounding area

I just go look the Zign, so around the Zign the large Zign bulding will be partially opened in 1 or 2 month this hotel will have 850 rooms when it will be finished and with direct acess to the beach it will including many restaurants. Actually around the Zign you have a bier Garden, a supermarket and the nearby hotel Garden Seaview. It s about 10 15 minutes walk to the main street.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Zign Hotel and surrounding area

Thanks for the update, sounds like it will be very large when all completed.

England
Level Contributor
124 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Zign Hotel and surrounding area

Thank you for looking, it did not realise it was not open yet. I have booked a room for February, do you think all the building work be complete by then? I am a little worried i will be staying on a building site!!??