We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you buy nintendo wii games that will work in Australia ?

Melbourne,Australia
Level Contributor
377 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Can you buy nintendo wii games that will work in Australia ?

Does anyone know if you can buy nintendo wii games in Thailand that will work in Australia ? If so any idea on prices and things to be aware of ?? Any info much appreciated

new zealand
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you buy nintendo wii games that will work in Australia ?

Do not buy Nintendo games in Thailand. I bought 6 about 3 years ago,they did not work on my set here in Auckland.

I did however get a chip inserted into my machine and they did play then(converted) to play Aussie version as well as Asia version.

Nearly 95% of all electronic gear is made in Asia today. risky and costly.

My advice to you is dont buy,nothing more dissapointing than to come back to Aussie then find out its a non compatable system with which you have bought...Cheers.

Des Beatty............................Auckland NZ

2. Re: Can you buy nintendo wii games that will work in Australia ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, September 03, 2009