We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flights

england
2 posts
Save Topic
flights

can any one reccommed a website to book a cheap holiday to thailand?

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
16,049 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: flights

I have come across this msg a couple times. I'll put my 2 cents worth in!

First - always check the prices of the airlines that fly to Thailand from your favorite airport to see what THEY are charging. The price that those airlines are charging are the prices some of the discounters (bucket shops) are claiming they can beat.

So once you have the airline websites see if they ALSO offer a "package deal" to Thailand. Often they do! This is the price the discounters and bucket shops must beat to be a "good deal!"

My preference is to find the airline that has a schedule and price that fits your budget and can meet your holiday dates and buy it. For the best price be a little flexible, sometimes a departure date a day or two before or after may be hundreds cheaper - don't fall in love with only one departure date!

I don't personally choose airlines that always have the cheapest price, I choose the airline that I have a frequent flier account with and I can collect the miles for free flights later on. But, I fly a lot and this way I make out later on. If you intend to only fly once in your life or not often at all then the cheapest and most convenient is okay for you.

If you need hotel recommendations mention how much your budget is for the room, in other words how much per night the maximum price you want to pay.

Lots of posts on Thailand with specific recommendations for places to visit and stay at.

You can even get a hotel from one of the brokers at the airport and after you are in town look around and move to another place is you are not happy or want a different location or price.

After you arrive at Bangkok you will find that there are lots of travel agents offering tours to many places in Thailand, you are free to compare those prices and tour destinations with other travel agents and buy the one you want. The tours companies pick you up at your hotel and bring you back. You can even arrange other tour packages from travel agents after you get to Bangkok.

On this travel forum you will find some travelers that get "private tour guides" that they gush all over! I think most of those travelers are needlessly paying through the nose or are totally inept to do stuff on their own!

Up to you. I would take your trip one step at a time. First plan your budget, read up on the country and then get the flight, find a location to stay at, get recommendations for hotels and then after you are in Bangkok set up your tours through travel agencies.

Good luck.

arctica
Level Contributor
930 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flights

If you just want to buy a holiday package instead of beeing your own travel agent, perhaps it`s easier and also cheaper to buy a charter from home. I am sure there are many agencies with websites to choose from in England.

Then you will have the flight, hotel and transfer included without any price surprises in the end. They will take care of everything and are responsible for the package. You can just relax and enjoy...

Otherwise, I agree with "Infidelal"

Pattaya, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,053 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: flights

I think some of the best package offers to be found on the internet are to be found on www.travelmood.com

Pattaya
Level Contributor
372 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: flights

Always found this website to be good www.ebookers.com ,also try www.trailfinders .com who sometimes have very good deals on flights to Bangkok, at the moment only 386 quid from september to the end of November with no extra charges flying Royal Jordanian.

5. Re: flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, September 02, 2009