We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In Koh Samui: Rocky Resort, Big John or Coral Bay?

Baltimore, USA
2 posts
Save Topic
In Koh Samui: Rocky Resort, Big John or Coral Bay?

My fiance and I are trying to decide between having our wedding in Koh Samui at Rocky Resort, Big John or Coral Bay. Would appreciate advice from anyone who's been to one of those places.

Mentioned in this post
Samui Beach Resort
Samui Beach Resort
470 Reviews
Lamai Beach, Thailand
Coral Bay Resort
Coral Bay Resort
215 Reviews
Chaweng, Thailand
Code
Code
#1 of 31 hotels in Mae Nam
The Tongsai Bay
The Tongsai Bay
#5 of 185 hotels in Bophut
Finland
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: In Koh Samui: Rocky Resort, Big John or Coral Bay?

I stayed at Big John 2,5 years ago and loved the place. It's quite secluded, but they had a music show almost every night. It was quite ok. :) The staff was lovely and I especially enjoyed their private beach. The restaurant is great, bungalows were fine then, but they've build much after my stay, I think they're nicer now. I loved the athmosphere then.

australia
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In Koh Samui: Rocky Resort, Big John or Coral Bay?

hi, im planning a wedding in koh samui and am thinking of coral bay but am unsure, its such a risk to plan it all on the internet. who have u gone with in the end and has the wedding gone well as planned?

Thailand
Level Contributor
526 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: In Koh Samui: Rocky Resort, Big John or Coral Bay?

I know for a fact that Coral Bay is doing weddings nearly every week.....but if not sure, may be check www.faraway.co.th as they do wedding arrangements as well.

Mentioned in this post
Coral Bay Resort
Coral Bay Resort
215 Reviews
Chaweng, Thailand
UK
Level Contributor
963 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: In Koh Samui: Rocky Resort, Big John or Coral Bay?

We are getting married at Rocky Resort in August if you can wait that long for a review. We booked on the back of reports from friends who stayed there - and their video footage - who raved about the place but

it is very hard. We are considering staying at Big John later in our stay and can find very little about it. (One thing to note on price however is that Rocky Resort is much more expensive than Big John accommodation wise if that is of issue for you or your guests who want to stay with you.)

I thought Coral Bay looked wonderful until I read some reviews that put me off - I think that is what is so very difficult when you are booking from a distance, any negative experience is magnified as you have nothing to put it in the context of. So every sympathy to those who are still choosing! In Cosmopolitan Bride which is published in the UK there was a feature recently about a couple who got married at Coral Bay. The wedding photos looked very bright and colourful.

We have found liaising with Luke, who organises the weddings at Rockys, really easy and straightforward. He has some great ideas and is proactive - you can speak to him on the phone or he responds to emails v promptly. We have used Faraway for a number of additional services and found Metta there very helpful.

I hope you manage to make a decision soon! Once you get that out of the way, everything becomes very easy!

Mentioned in this post
Coral Bay Resort
Coral Bay Resort
215 Reviews
Chaweng, Thailand