We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mosies

Leeds
12 posts
Save Topic
mosies

Hi we are going to the Amari in June, bit concerned about those pesky flying critters the mosie, went to Cuba last year and my wife was bitten badley on the legs, used to have competitions to see which woman has the most, they seemed to get it worse than the men! didnt spoil the best holiday so far, but would appreciate any local advise. thanks in advance.

UK
Level Contributor
877 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mosies

Never really found mossies too much of a problem on my trips to Thailand. A lot of resturants in Koh Samui - especially by the Amari are right on the beach and you don't get so many mossies there as quite often there is a light breeze. It's probably worth wearing a repellent if you are at all concerned. Some places might burn a mosquito coil if there is a known issue with mossies.

Mentioned in this post
Samui Beach Resort
Samui Beach Resort
462 Reviews
Lamai Beach, Thailand
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
6,891 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
london
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: mosies

yes i got eaten alive at night, bought really strong spary over there much better that uk version and never got bitten again

uk
Level Contributor
77 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mosies

Hi there

plenty of mozzies about in Samui, got lots of scars to prove it :] like Haribo I bought the local sprays/creams and as in other countries I have visited the local stuff is the best option.

chazy x

Mentioned in this post
Samui Beach Resort
Samui Beach Resort
462 Reviews
Lamai Beach, Thailand
U.K.
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: mosies

Try taking Brewers yeast tablets daily for several weeks before you go. A well travelled old uncle of mine used to swear by this method of keeping mosies away. It supposedly gives you a "smell" that mosies don't like. Iam not sure how effective this is for everyone , but it seems to work for me, and it can't do you any harm.