We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

maisymo lamaiwanta

spain
Level Contributor
185 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
maisymo lamaiwanta

hi maisymo just seen your post about lamaiwanta.we stayed at this resort last year & had a great holiday, but at the time the resturant was not open in the evening,can you tell me a little about the evening menu as we are going there again this coming january(cant wait !!!!! ) they are introducing a credit system in the resturant with some meals in the price of your bungalow did you have this ? and if so did it work for you thks .

New Zealand
Level Contributor
284 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: maisymo lamaiwanta

You will love the restaurant very classy considering the size of Lamai Wanta. We have both decided this was the best restaurant of our trip. Yes it is resort restaurant prices. Initally we were surprised at how expensive it seemed. After having stayed at several other places we decided that in fact this restaurant was value for money considering the prices were were paying elsewhere for far less quality food. The evening menu is extensive it offers both Ala Carte (sp) and Thai cuisine. The massaman curry is exceptional. The Thai part of the menu is of course cheaper than the more western dishes.

My partner had NZ lamb shops one night which I Think from memory was the most expensive thing on the menu 400baht. I had a stuffed chicken breast with feta and spinach one night served on mash - very nice about 300 baht. I think the Thai dishes ranged in prices up to about 200 baht each or thereabouts.

They served a free selection of breads and dips just after you order. The atmosphere was lovely. We loved having breakfast at the resort. We did not take the credit system as offered having decided we would eat about for breakie. However this changed once we saw the breakie menu - we soon had favourites. We also did not think we would eat much at the resort however in hindsight I think the credit system would have suited us. We were not that fond of Samui in general but loved Lamai Wanta and would definetly stay there again if we ever went back. Make sure you try the baguettes at Chill'n it is really just a bar looking place with cane type furniture very dingy looking but you will not be disappointed with Baguettes huge and great value for money. Just go left and walk along the beach it is between wanta and Pavillion in fact if you make it to the pavillian you have gone way too far. Enjoy your holiday!!

New Zealand
Level Contributor
284 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: maisymo lamaiwanta

Me again just a thought if you like massage try 'little gems' which is on the road that leads to the Rennissance resort north of Lamai. You could catch a taxi. Best massages had in Lamai and the nicest, cleanest setting. They have an extensive menu of options for massage, nails etc. It was a little gem of a find on one of our scooter rides. We did notice it was marked on one of the tourist maps.

3. Re: maisymo lamaiwanta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, August 21, 2009