We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

secret garden

manchester
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Topic
secret garden

has anybody stayed at or have any info on "the secret garden resort" on big buddah beach. we have booked a beachfront bungalow for 7 nights over christmas.

any info or news????

Hayward
Level Contributor
2 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: secret garden

Have you heard any reply on this resort? I just found it also and am wondering if there is any input? Looks great on web....

manchester
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: secret garden

ive spoken to a few people about it and they have only good things to say about it. they have just refubished the rooms and the boss sent me some pics. he seems very nice and he was helpful with trying to find us other accomodation.

i think its in a quietish area but only 20mins from the chaweng but there are plenty of bars there and restaurants. he said it only costs 100 bht to get to chaweng which is a couple of quid. they also say that there is a big music do and bbq on sundays which everyone goes to.

Hayward
Level Contributor
2 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: secret garden

anyway i can get you to post those pics on Secret Garden?

thnx!!

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: secret garden

My wife and I stayed in the Beachfront room late April this year and we loved it. From this room you step right down onto the beach. Room was nicely furnished and clean but we were told that they were doing some refurbishment over the quiet season.

Food in the restaurant is good (my wife particularily enjoyed the fish) and all the staff were very friendly.

On a Sunday night they have a music evening and BBQ. We were quite surprised with the turnout (seemed to be mostly ex-pats) even although it was out of season.

The beach was quiet when we were there - don't know if it's always like that. The town itself was also quiet but with a few bars and restaurants. Chewang isn't far for more nightlife.

manchester
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: secret garden

tried to put them on the forum but i cant for some reason. i will keep trying.

East Bergholt...
Level Contributor
74 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: secret garden

we stayed there in 2002 and enjoyed it. We stayed in the bungalow which I think you have booked and could walk out onto the beach from our room.

When we were there it was owned by an english guy and his thai wife. He was not the friendliest of people and actually quite rude at times but the location, food and staff made up for him. i believe it is now run by somebody else. The sunday bbq and music was brilliant. I would defo recommend the resort as its on a lovely quiet beach and away from Chaweng but not that far away!

7. Re: secret garden

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, August 20, 2009