We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bo Phut Resort - building work next door. how bad is it?

London
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Bo Phut Resort - building work next door. how bad is it?

If anyone has literally just come back from the Bo Phut Resort I'd be really grateful to hear your feedback on the building work going on next door at the Peace Hotel. We are due to go stay at the Bo Phut in December and just receiveda rather worrying letter from Trailfinders advising of the building work, but not being v specific about the precise details. Thanks.

Kent
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bo Phut Resort - building work next door. how bad is it?

Hi, we too got the letter from trailfinders and called them to find out more. Basically they couldn't advise about the level of noise and had no idea what it would involve, we really didnt want to lay by the pool and have it sound like a building site so we decided to cancel our booking, which they were fine about, we are about to re-book at the Sala Samui which looks even more heavenly! hope that helps.

London
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bo Phut Resort - building work next door. how bad is it?

Thanks Flower. Sala Sumai looks nice. Would you mind telling me who you booked through. just checked with trailfinders and they said it's not one of theirs. Many thanks.

uk
Level Contributor
230 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bo Phut Resort - building work next door. how bad is it?

Hi, we too have booked the Bo Phut Resort ariving on 26th December. We received a phone call from Hayes and Jarvis today advising us of the building work but they were unable to go into detail. I've looked at the Peace hotel website - http://www.samui-hotels.com/peace/rates.htm - they give details about the building work - it does not look too bad to me. I can't really imagine the hotels being that close together really as the Bo Phut resort website states that the resort is surrounded by 7 arces of plantations. Also there's a new review for Bo Phut Resort and no meantion of any building works affecting their holiday - I believe they have only just got back.

uk
Level Contributor
230 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bo Phut Resort - building work next door. how bad is it?

hi - me again! Just been doing some more research and came across the following website - hoteltravel.com/thailand/samui/bo_phut_beach… - theres a map of the location of hotels in Bo Phut - there is another hotel between the Bo phut Resort and the Peace Resort. Hope this helps - it has made me feel a little better anyway :)

Kent
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bo Phut Resort - building work next door. how bad is it?

HI Lottie,

we have booked directly with Sala samui as trailfinders dont have them on their books so to speak. If you book via the internet you get a free night for every 5 and breakfast included ( excpet on the free nights..go figure!) hope that helps

Perth
Level Contributor
51 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bo Phut Resort - building work next door. how bad is it?

Hi, we were at the Bo Phut about 4 weeks ago. There was no buildign work going on then, but from memory the Peace hotel is on the opposite side of the road to the Bo Phut, so I'd be surprised if you had any dramas. The Bo Phut runs from the road to the beach (the hotel website has a downloadable presentation which has an aerial shot of the hotel) with the pool right on the beach, so any building work would be a good way from the pool. I guess if you are in a room in one of the main buildings you will be a little closer to the road and therefore any building work, but I'm not sure if it would be a big problem???

There is building work seemingly going on all over Samui, it is really getting the full development treatment.

BTY - Sala Samui looked nice, but overall we thought the Bo Phut was a better option, it really is a great place.

All the best!

Perth
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bo Phut Resort - building work next door. how bad is it?

We stayed at the Bo Phut for 9 nights in the middle of september. There was some building noise form the peace resort which is right next door to the Bo Phut. It was only minor, however we did hear some people complain about being woken early. This did not affect us as we were staying on the other side of the resort (the right side). I would talk to the hotel directlly, they are very friendly.

Guernsey
Level Contributor
60 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bo Phut Resort - building work next door. how bad is it?

Just got back from the Bophut and the building work next door didn't effect us at all.

I would definately advise aganist changing resorts as the Bophut is such a good resort

Ellie

9. Re: Bo Phut Resort - building work next door. how bad is it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, August 25, 2009