We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help with area to stay with my family x

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
483 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Need help with area to stay with my family x

Hi,

I'm hoping to spend sometime in Samui in late March, I'll be travelling with my hubby, a 15 and

22 yr old.

I've been trying to workout what area would be best for us.

In Phuket we stay in Patong ((holiday inn) and in Bali we like Legian (the padma)

We love being on the beach or close to the beach, we enjoy staying in a resort, and being able to walk out of the resort straight into the shops and restaurants.

I'd appreciate any help or any suggestions,

Thanks so much,

Helen ;-)

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Legian
Legian
Kuta District, Indonesia
Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,431 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help with area to stay with my family x

Hi

If you stay in the Holiday Inn in Patong then look at the Centara Grand in Chaweng. That is as good a match as you will find!

Mentioned in this post
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Chaweng
Chaweng
Ko Samui, Thailand
perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help with area to stay with my family x

Hi

If you like Padma and Holiday Inn then as TM says Centara grand in south chaweng and Amari palm reef in north chaweng should ticks all your boxes.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
483 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help with area to stay with my family x

Thanks so much,, I was looking at The Centara Grand, it does sound good!

And travelling. Mitch.....you helped me sort out my accom, tours etc in KL and Phuket in Nov and your advice was spot on!! ;-).

Also, there's no exact month we need to travel in, so is March a good time, or should we go July school holidays?

Once again, THANK YOU so much for your help xx

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
4. Re: Need help with area to stay with my family x

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, July 20, 2015