We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oh dear

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,702 posts
214 reviews
Save Topic
Oh dear

samuitimes.com/ddpm-issues-flash-flood-warni…

Possibly bad news for those arriving on Samui during the next week?

Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
4,191 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oh dear

That’s one way to look at I suppose.

The other way could be, that it’s great news for those that have just left.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,223 posts
346 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oh dear

Not so good for the local guys though.

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,702 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oh dear

I agree TM. We were there 3 years ago when lots of local people's houses were literally washed out to sea.

Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
4,191 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oh dear

Yep, it’s usually the locals that have to stick around and clean up the mess.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-28339889

Barrington, New...
Level Contributor
15 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oh dear

Ugghh!!! We leave tomorrow and arrive on Saturday night for our honeymoon. I've been reading different comments from different news sites, most of which are not ideal. Can anyone who is currently on the island provide some updates with the current weather situation? Some people say its sunny, others say nothing but rain. We will be staying in Bophut if that helps...Thank you everyone!!!

Tongson bay, koh...
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,780 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oh dear

hi all

most of this is not correct

today was fantastic weather blue skys all day

we did get rain shower this evening for about 10 minutes

dont read too much into this as there has been flood warnings for southern parts of thailand but thats not necessarily on samui

cheers

DC

Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Oh dear

We are currently in Chaweng. We have had a lot of rain but mostly at night. Yesterday and today were beautiful with the rain coming about 9pm. It has been heavy rain for 90 minutes so far. The rain hasn't stopped us enjoying our holiday, the cooler weather has been great and more bearable for us pasty scots!

Barrington, New...
Level Contributor
15 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Oh dear

Thanks!! You guys are making us feel a little better. Being so far away makes it difficult to know exactly what is going on (also being 12 hours behind). The forecasts do not look pretty, but I'm guessing that we should not read into them too much. Any more updates would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again...Ko Samui here we come!

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
75 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Oh dear

Got enough sun for my wife to get sunburned :)

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
128 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Oh dear

Take a look at the Samui Webcam LIVE link at the top right of this page........look at Crystal Bay, or Tropical Murphys for example. Currently, @ 7.30am UK it's dry and sunny.........they're 6 hours ahead. Also look at Camilles Samui info blog, (google it) He is a local who posts daily on the weather and has done for years. Any weather forecast you look at from around the world will usually show storms etc, as they are very general.