We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in late november early december?

london
2 posts
Save Topic
weather in late november early december?

Hi

Going to thailand for the first time late november, just flights booked to bangkok any advice of where to stay for the first night? Getting about,flying.by road?Weather n november?

Christchurch
6 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: weather in late november early december?

Sounds like a great trip Paula.

I haven't booked any accomodation yet, is it possible to wing it in Samui? I'm going to try and do Samui on a budget of about 1250 Baht a day.

And as for the diving, is it worth travelling to Ko Tao for a day of diving, or would I be better off diving from Samui?

Brisbane
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: weather in late november early december?

personally i wouldnt wing it for accomodation even tho its not peak it is busy and u may find a bargain or u may have to pay through the roof. we have found some really nice cheap places tho. so hollar if u need any advice. if ur really wanting to dive and worried about the weather if u havent booked and can hold off till first week in dec, might be better? i dunno my experience is always better first week in december.

regarding diving i would stay in samui and book a diving trip from there. ur holiday and ur choice tho :)

Christchurch
6 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: weather in late november early december?

What I might do is book a couple of nights in Samui, and leave the rest open - that way we're not stranded. What cheap places would you reccomend in Chaweng?

I'm thinking something below the 700 Baht mark for a twin room, is that enough to get something clean and central?

Now the diving trip you are taking, is that diving at Ko Tao leaving from Samui, or are you diving near Samui?

Thanks for all your advice by the way!

Brisbane
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: weather in late november early december?

Hey there,

to be honest with u, im not sure of anywhere below 700 baht a nite, im sure there are places but im just not aware of them.... maybe check out chaweng accomodation on this site.... they rate the accomodation and u get a good rate.... In the book i have here- ive just looked for u and orchid suites, samui laguna resort and chaweng resort are the cheapest at about 200 Australian dollars for 4 nights for the room which is what 50 dollars per night and 25 dollars each if ur sharin with ur mate. we are all staying at chaba cabana resort and paid about 120 dollars a nite per room there however our friends have stayed b4 and said its location is perfect and they enjoyed the complex.... so thats just my advice on that- search the net tho.... see if u can pick up a good deal....

we booked several trips ex chaweng they pick u up from ur resort we have booked a snorkelling trip and a diving trip with weather permitting on that one out of our resort but again do ur research... have u booked flights? i noticed ex australia they had some real good prices to samui for december atm.... check em out.... i hope ur trip turns out to be everythin u want....

take care paula x

Brisbane
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: weather in late november early december?

Oh and yes we are going to kao tan but leavin from samui....

Brisbane
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: weather in late november early december?

oops Ko Tao

West Midllands...
Level Contributor
73 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: weather in late november early december?

Were flying out on 24 November for the first time. We are going to Pukhet, I hear the weather in Kho Sumi is a little dodgy that time of year. We are staying in Bangkok for 4 days then flying to Pukhet. Have not booked any accomm yet cant wait

Brisbane
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: weather in late november early december?

Yeah weather wont be perfect but thats ok- it wasnt when i went to phuket either which cost alot more in december and was alot more packed. im sure u will have an awesome time.

19. Re: weather in late november early december?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 pm, August 25, 2009