We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 month in samui

Kilkenny, Ireland
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
1 month in samui

Hi everyone....looking for some help with my planned trip to samui in may 2015(planning in advance !!! )here are my questions...

1.is may a good month to come? ( I definitely want to come hot season)

2.im baseing myself in chaweng...which end of chaweng is best to stay.?..im looking for a quite beach but not totally void of atmosphere..no loud nightclubs and within a short walk of 5-8 mins of bars..restaurants..shops etc.as I don't use motorbikes after serious accident in samui 5 yrs ago.

3.accomadation is proving to be difficult to decide upon.my budget is e30 - e50 per night..for this id like to find bungalow style place which provides a swimming pool....air con...access to beach..clean & private with good security.is this possible for this kind of budget..???

I've been to samui twice before in april but stayed with a friend who used to stay in samui this is reason im out of touch with locations and pricing.if anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it.

regards...M.

perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 month in samui

Hi

1. May is so called shoulder season ( weather wise ) hot and humid with occasional rains, and low season for hotel. You wiill get a very good for room rate. Many places will offers special for long stay.

2. South chaweng beach

3. Have a look at Samui lagoon bay, Seascpae, Baan Talay the should be within your budget. These are beach front. For long stay perhaps book for a few days once there you can have a look for more options.

Good luck

Mentioned in this post
Samui Lagoon Bay
Samui Lagoon Bay
89 Reviews
Bophut, Thailand
Baan Talay Resort
Baan Talay Resort
585 Reviews
Chaweng, Thailand
Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,438 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 month in samui

Hi

Personally with a month I would hire a bungalow (away from the high priced tourist hotels) and then get about cheaply with a bike. You can hire a bungalow with a pool or access to one for around 8000thb a month.

Worth considering.

Kilkenny, Ireland
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 month in samui

Thank you for your help/info I shall take it into consideration. Can anyone else help out..any thoughts..??

Thanks...

Kilkenny, Ireland
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 month in samui

Thank you for your help/info I shall take it into consideration. Can anyone else help out..any thoughts..??

Thanks...

Kilkenny, Ireland
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 month in samui

literally searched loads of places to stay and seems I definitely under valued the cost of accomadation in general and more so chaweng.im still unsure of what month i'll be travelling but it will definitely be march/april/may. im also assuming prices will vary from month to month? I've come up with a shortlist of possible places to stay which I think I can afford.i'd really appreciate some feedback please.here's my choices....

1.evergreen resort junior suite (central location for someone who wont be renting bike/car....at night would you hear music from green mango etc ?? )

2.montien house...superior double...seems good location.would that be correct ? small pool but right on beach front.

3. blue lagoon....deluxe bungalow...seems nice tropical gardens but a very quite beach??

4.baan samui resort...deluxe room...really like this place..quite like the bright colours of décor..good facilities..supermarket beside it which is handy.good location on the beach & to central chaweng??

hopefully get some feedback & thoughts....thanks a lot.

perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1 month in samui

Hi

Your short listed

1,2,4 all are smack bang in the middle of chaweng beach. Its very busy hustle and bustle everything is in your door step left,right and center. All of them can be noisy especially 1 and 2.

3. Blue lagoon is a bit north ( but still walking distance to all things both on beach and on the main road) the beach out the front are ok but if you want decent swims you will need to wade out so far for it.

Kilkenny, Ireland
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1 month in samui

thanks sweetpea6468 for your info...i'll take that on board.its looking like march is the month i'll be coming over now.because my previous visits were staying with a friend im unsure as to what amount of money i'll need for a mnths stay.my plans will be basically to stay in samui and relax with possible trips to full moon & ang thong marine..that aside its just basic things like food/drinks massage and some gifts. I don't drink or smoke and wont be going night clubbing etc.anyone able to roughly estimate the kind of cash I'd need daily ??

thanks....

Kilkenny, Ireland
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1 month in samui

bump....anyhelp suggestions folks ?

thanks

perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 1 month in samui

Assumed breakfast included in your room ....you don't drink, partying and smoke then I think you should be ok with 800- 1000 baht daily. Massage at the beach will cost you around 250 baht, lunch, dinner in cheaper place you could spend as little as 200- 300 baht. Most expensive items would be sea base excursions.

This question is hard to answers as everyone spending habits are different. I was under scrutinized once by regular poster in Bangkok forum simply because i said we spend around $100 each person daily.

I would suggest take money as much as you can what you don't use you it can always stay in your card.

Hope this help

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Harrow, United...
Level Contributor
2,176 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 1 month in samui

Hi Michael - if you don't drink you'll be on your own at the Full Moon party!!

Mentioned in this post
Full Moon Party
Full Moon Party
1,794 Reviews
Ko Pha Ngan, Thailand