We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing in Koh Samui

Norfolk, England
1 post
Save Topic
Fishing in Koh Samui

Looking at visiting in early September 2006 and would like to know if any game\sport fishing avilable or is it just not worth it.

Looking to Stay at Imperial Boat House just North of Chaweng, any comments on this hotel would also be appreciated.

Newcastle N S W
Level Contributor
920 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing in Koh Samui

Not really worth the effort,there are fishing charters available/advertised but i`m guessing not worth what they will charge.

EOD
Rochester Hills...
Level Contributor
179 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing in Koh Samui

Hey Technorock....I had the same question and had roughly the same response. Too bad, I was looking forward to catching some fish. However, there seems to be some fresh-water fishing on the island (primarily for massive Asian Carp and Catfish....can reach 200Kg !!). I'll be trying my hand for those in Bangkok.

Once on the island, it may be easier to figure out whether or not going out to the big blue is worthwhile. I hope so.

Anyway, I'll be on Samui from the 13th until the 25th (September). If you're around and would like a fishing partner, let me know.

NZ
Level Contributor
170 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing in Koh Samui

We did the deep sea fishing with Mr Ung and the largest fish we caught made Nemo look huge. A lot of money for catching goldfish...not worth it. They go around a couple of islands with 4 long lines out and then stop and down go the rods for little fish.

EOD
Rochester Hills...
Level Contributor
179 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Fishing in Koh Samui

Thanks for that, Tossachs. Unfortunate news, for sure.

Based on the exhaustive research on this subject so far, it certainly appears it's a lost cause on Samui. Phuket is the place to be for tight lines. Unfortunately, not on my itinerary this time.

Borneo next year....maybe better luck there.

5. Re: Fishing in Koh Samui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, August 16, 2009