We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sala Samui or Bo Phut Resort with two year old?

Perth
4 posts
Save Topic
Sala Samui or Bo Phut Resort with two year old?

We are planning a holiday to Ko Samui this September and can't decide between Sala or Bo Phut hotels. Our boy is very busy and although a private pool would be nice, not too sure about safety aspect? Also, how wet and humid is Samui in September?

Goole, United...
Level Contributor
1,945 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sala Samui or Bo Phut Resort with two year old?

Hi como-mum.

We stayed at the Sala last september,and did see a small child there,but don't know if they were in a pool villa.The pool itself is about 3x5 metres,and came up to my shoulders when i stood in it.Same depth all around.I'm 5ft 6".If he is active,being in a pool villa room would be no different from being a round the hotel main pool at any resort.There is a shallow pool,ideal for children,which is covered by a wooden pergola on one of the main beachfront pools,and also shallow bubble beds.I am sure you would be fine,if you kept an eye on him,as you would being his mum.

The pool villas are beautiful.

Weather was cloudy and some rain,but from what we were told,it was unusual weather,for that time of year,due to a storm front in Cambodia.Humidity was high as you would expect with rain.The beach at Choeng Mon is gently shelving,and the sand is nice.We noticed the hotel beach staff,made a fuss of the little boy,which was lovely.

I can't comment on Bhoput as i haven't stayed there,but sure other posters will reply.

Adelaide, South...
Level Contributor
17 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sala Samui or Bo Phut Resort with two year old?

Hi,

Having just returned from the Sala Samui, I would be concerned about the safety aspects of the pool villa for a 2 year old. There are 2 points of access to the pool, one through the bedroom doors, and the other though the curtain that shields the bathroom from the garden.

I know what my children were like at that age, and how fast they can move and how curious they are! Personally, I would not recommend that style of room for a young child to stay in.

Perth
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sala Samui or Bo Phut Resort with two year old?

Thank you for your help. We have decided to stay the the Bo Phut. I can't wait!