We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renaissance Koh Samui

high wycombe
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Renaissance Koh Samui

Hi there!

Can anyone advise me if there is any local restaurants and bars within walking distance to the Renaissance Resort in Ko Samui?

Or would we be having to get taxis if we wanted to leave the resort?

wolverhampton,uk
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Renaissance Koh Samui

Hi

just returned from renaissance,beautiful hotel but unfortunately

not much in walking distance

the hotel does supply a free shuttle bus to chaweng centre

but the last one returns 9.30 p.m

Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Renaissance Koh Samui

Hi Racetrack - We're off the to the Renaissance soon too. Will you be writing a review on the hotel? Just windering if you were in a pool villa and what it was like?

Tahnks

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
3,952 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renaissance Koh Samui

Staying at The "R', eating Thai food means you probably won't find much better Thai food anyway.(you'll find cheaper for sure - but that takes guts to try it out). Lamai is best done of an evening just walking down the beach, checking out the beachside restaurants, and then if you can't find what you want, walking down the beach road.There is no doubt that Chaweng has a greater choice of restaurants. You don't need a taxi to walk around Lamai - you do for Chaweng. The best advice is,walk the beach, look at the places where people seem to be having a lot of animated convo, and go for it..

the bottom line is why you are coming to samui. I love most restaurants on the beaches of lamai or Chaweng, though the quality changes day-to-day. For guaranteed 5-star food,well, poppies on Chaweng is one. I hesitate though to name places, as i think half the fun is just wandering around, finding a place that looks promising, having a drink, unashamedly checking out the dishes the people on your neighbouring table have ordered, and then going for it.

4. Re: Renaissance Koh Samui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 am, August 16, 2009